lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2022, 04:01 PM   #11
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: Jerky Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
I have a 2021 I60. Purchased about two months ago.

That 0 - 100 feeling you mentioned doesn't happen with this config. Not sure if it's the lines 1 and 2 or 53 that's making the difference but it is smooth now. I may go back and set 152+ back to their original settings and see if there's a difference. Also, I plan on trying this same config on an I40 to see how different it is. That cart is located in south Georgia and there are some good hills. The cart really bogs on the hills. Hoping this new config will help that too.
So you copied the profile of a 2020 I60 to your 2021 I60, but there were a bunch of motor spec changes...that's what's unusual to me.

My 2020 i40L and 2021 i60L both had the same motor specs...but that's not to say my dealer didn't screw it up?

I'm about a month or so out before I can start tinkering with my cart again, so I'm going to investigate this at some point...just will be a bit.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2022, 11:28 AM   #12
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK. Yesterday after a 4 or 5 mile ride, I changed all of the 152+ lines back to original. I just wasn't comfortable with the statement in the Tuning software "Reference Only. Do not change." Not sure if I'm imagining things but a quick ride after swapping those lines back made it seem a little jerkier again. Not bad but still not as smooth as the settings from the 2020 cart. I changed them back because I thought there may be a few differences between 2020 and 2021 and I didn't want to void my warranty. Thoughts?
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 02:05 PM   #13
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
OK. Yesterday after a 4 or 5 mile ride, I changed all of the 152+ lines back to original. I just wasn't comfortable with the statement in the Tuning software "Reference Only. Do not change." Not sure if I'm imagining things but a quick ride after swapping those lines back made it seem a little jerkier again. Not bad but still not as smooth as the settings from the 2020 cart. I changed them back because I thought there may be a few differences between 2020 and 2021 and I didn't want to void my warranty. Thoughts?
When you have a brand new electric motor controller, it has no idea what type of electric motor it's going to control.

Each electric motor has certain specs that go with it. In the most basic sense, think a big motor vs a small motor. The controller needs to know how to interact with the motor. There are long wraps of metal wires in the electric motor. So things like thickness of the wire, resistance of the windings, the distance of one mechanical rotation, etc.

At one point I owned a 2020 i60L (350amp/4kw), programmed it carefully the way I liked it, then later bought a 2021 i40L (450amp/5kw). When I went to transfer my i60L settings to my i40L, I knew I had a larger motor and controller and I expected to see different motor parameters in that lower section that I was going to be sure not to change. There were no differences on mine?!

What I experienced/saw did not make any sense to me. I have two different motors, why are they the same configuration?

The cart runs/drives fine, so I figured there may be something else at play, maybe the motors are extremely similar in terms of profile, OR my dealer had no idea there is a difference in motors and just programmed the cart with one of his standard profiles.

Your post is the first that I've seen where there have been any different changes in those lower inputs AND you mention the cart belonged to a dealer who knows his stuff...so I'm wondering if you have better motor settings or what motor they match to etc...it's making me want to figure out exactly what should be there for each motor.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 02:05 PM   #14
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
you mention the cart belonged to a dealer
Actually the cart didn't belong to a dealer. It was purchased from a dealer that sells a butt load of ICONs and has been doing so for a number of years. I just figure that they, if anyone, would know how to program these carts.

Interesting enough, I took the config from the rental cart (I60 350A/4KW) and loaded it on a 2021 I40 with the 450A controller and the 5KW motor (My I60 is the 350A/4KW model). The profiles for the 2020 rental cart and the 2021 I40 were exactly the same except for one change I had made previously and one in the 152+ range (don't remember which one). Now I'm all screwed up. Why would a 2021 I40 with the 450A controller and 5KW motor have the same config as the 2020 I60 with the 350A controller and 4KW motor?

All I know is the settings for the rental cart (< 152+ range) sure has made my 2021 I60 (350A/4KW) cart run better. But it had no effect on the 2021 I40 (450A/5KW) cart.
Old 01-13-2022, 05:52 PM   #15
anpgator
Getting Wild

Quote:
Actually the cart didn't belong to a dealer. It was purchased from a dealer that sells a butt load of ICONs and has been doing so for a number of years. I just figure that they, if anyone, would know how to program these carts.

Interesting enough, I took the config from the rental cart (I60 350A/4KW) and loaded it on a 2021 I40 with the 450A controller and the 5KW motor (My I60 is the 350A/4KW model). The profiles for the 2020 rental cart and the 2021 I40 were exactly the same except for one change I had made previously and one in the 152+ range (don't remember which one). Now I'm all screwed up. Why would a 2021 I40 with the 450A controller and 5KW motor have the same config as the 2020 I60 with the 350A controller and 4KW motor?

All I know is the settings for the rental cart (< 152+ range) sure has made my 2021 I60 (350A/4KW) cart run better. But it had no effect on the 2021 I40 (450A/5KW) cart.
Are/were you in or around the 30A/Miramar Beach area by chance?
anpgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:32 AM   #16
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpgator View Post
Are/were you in or around the 30A/Miramar Beach area by chance?
I was when I copied the config from the rental cart. Now I'm back in Tallahassee.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon