lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2021, 06:41 PM   #1
mrmachinist
Not Yet Wild

Default How to gain wheel clearance cv precedent.

I have a 15 precedent with a very small lift. I bought it a few weeks ago and need to keep it close to the same height so no big lift kits. It has to fit in my toyhauler.

15” wheels and 205/35r15 tires. I need more steering clearance. I saw kits for the day to move the front axle foreword but nothing for this cart. I also thought about some small spacers but not sure if that will help or hurt.

The rear rubbing can be fixed with some small lift shackles or a little trimming. No big deal.

It’s rubbing the frame and rub on the back of the floor at about half to 3/4 turned. Any ideas? Figured I’d ask the experts before a bunch of trial and error. I would have never built it like this but my wife and sons love it. Trying to make it functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrmachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2021, 10:17 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: How to gain wheel clearance cv precedent.

Hard to tell without measuring but looks like them wheels are offset in the wrong direction or at best not offset at all.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:21 AM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Might be wrong on them wheels just by looking and wasn't familiar with them DOT tire sizes, just looked it up and a 205 is a 27" diameter tire.. Way too tall for a small lift,
Old 07-26-2021, 04:06 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

That spacer between the spring and mount is obviously not standard and maybe you could fit something similar but thicker to gain enough clearance and still get it in your toy hauler?
It may affect your suspension / steering geometry a little, but maybe not. Thats the only simple solution i can see, but with that size tire you may struggle to get the clearance you need. As Stovebolt says, maybe smaller wheels and or tires is the answer. But i have to say, In the UK, that tire size is roughly 21.6 diameter according to my tire charts. 205/75R15 would be 27.1" so maybe you could measure the diameter of the tire for us.

If i am correct then you may have to consider 20" tires. Not sure what you will find to fit a 15" rim though.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:15 AM   #5
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
That spacer between the spring and mount is obviously not standard .
Missed that was looking at the wheel.. a 2x4, hope it's treated

In the Army we called that Field Expedience.

edit: yep i was wrong on the tire size 205/35-15 = only 20.65" here (maybe some makes are different), yes I was looking at a 205/75
https://www.google.com/search?q=205+...4dUDCAo&uact=5
Old 07-26-2021, 04:51 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I was hoping it might be Aluminum LOL.

There are some 20" tires to fit 15" rims but are fair bit narrower. You might have to blast the tires on like the drift car guys do. Google stretched tires! It takes skill or special equipment to fit stretched tires ( or a can of ether after a few beers and a short haircut, but i dont recommend that if you have not done it before LOL ) I am pretty sure Stovebolt knows how to do it LOL.

You will also have a very harsh ride due to very little sidewall and you need to up the tire pressure to prevent the tire beads coming away from the rim.

Re the spacer block, In my game we call it a commercially acceptable alteration. Commonly known in the UK as a Bodge job!

Maybe a section of 2 x 2 box steel would be enough to clear the tires and still get in the Toy Hauler. BUT, those carts have a concentric camber adjuster on the middle of the spring and i cant think whether it would affect that.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:09 AM   #7
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I am pretty sure Stovebolt knows how to do it LOL.
No but I was a drifter when I was younger.. but not in a car.. lol
Old 07-26-2021, 05:30 AM   #8
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Old 07-26-2021, 05:34 AM   #9
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

opps double post
Old 07-26-2021, 06:28 AM   #10
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Ok, Im thousands of miles away, so dare i say that picture you posted recently you look a bit like a !!!!

No, i wont say it, you might not talk to me again.

OK, Back to the OP's original question.

If i recall correctly. the whole front end is basically a bracket bolted to the frame. maybe it is possible to remove the four bolts on the chassis, not sure of fixings up top, but move the whole front forward by an inch and drill new mounting holes and space the top mounts ? and hope the steering link can extend out. I cant remember off hand a lot of this as i to am mainly an ezgo guy and this may give you what you need. I will look at a club car as soon as i can to see if it can be done. Maybe someone else knows or has done it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!