lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2019, 05:58 PM   #1
DsZ71
3 Linked

E-Z-GO

Default my txt build

Well this is my first time building a true golf cart Its a 2013 EZGO txt. my plans are to put a 6"ish lift on it with 25, upgrade the motor and control (and the cables and whatnot) and some kinda audio.

she currently is sitting on 14" rims and 215/35-14 tires. and ive used a gps app on my phone to see how fast she currently goes, and i have got up to 24mpg. I would like to get around 30'ish mph and not loose too much speed when going up hills around here. She isn't going to be used for off-road, just ridding around the neighborhood, the gas station and places like that.
DsZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2019, 06:48 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: my txt build

Looking good. Nice work! [emoji1303]
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:10 AM   #3
DsZ71
3 Linked

E-Z-GO

has anyone ran these shocks before, looking to "upgrade" my rear shocks.

https://diygolfcart.com/ezgo-txt-199...front-or-rear/

https://diygolfcart.com/coil-over-fr...txt-1994-5-up/
Old 12-30-2021, 07:58 PM   #4
DsZ71
3 Linked

E-Z-GO

Well…. Finally did something with my golf cart the other day. She looks sssooo much better now. I added a 6" drop axle and put some 25x10 GTW Barrage tires around the rims I already had on her.

Now what is my best options for most Torque? Where I live there are some hills that before I added the bigger tires she would struggle to get up. Not too worried about over all speed.
Old 12-31-2021, 01:37 PM   #5
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

That's the problem when you increase tire diameter, you lose torque. My suggestion would be to convert to a Navitas AC setup. It has plenty of torque to turn those big tires and due to the tire diameter you will also gain speed. Navitas has a price increase coming the first of the year. There are also a lot of hi torque DC options but you'll have to ask somebody like Plum Quick, EMP or D&D for performance results.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 05:38 PM   #6
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Those off road ATV tires take a lot of power to turn too. Even more so as your speed increases. For street use you were a lot better off performance wise with the rubber you started with.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides