lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV Windshield

The windshield our builder installed is flimsy and shakes over 20 mph. Do they make a thicker version of them? I believe this one is 3/16".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
casey344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2018, 08:27 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Windshield

The folding windshields are like that. I bought the one piece RXV windshield (Part# 611731) from E-Z-GO that is made from a blend of acrylic (Plexiglass) and polycarbonate (Lexan). Costs more but well worth it. The mountings are also much more substantial than those used on the folding windshields.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:44 PM   #3
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

It gets way too hot around here not to have the folding type in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
casey344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:39 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

They don't make any folding ones that are worth a darn. Besides, some air blows around the solid windshield. Keeps you dryer in the rain too. It's sealed on both sides to the support posts, and across the top rail. There is a gap between the inside of the top and the top mount to allow some air to flow up under the top, over the top of the windshield, and down in behind it.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:45 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Bob I don't know if you are in the mountains (not so hot), but I agree with Mr. Casey344. A fold down makes a heck of a difference with air flow. In fact, in all my personal carts, minus the Carryall with the cab I take them out entirely.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:17 AM   #6
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Most windshields don't have a horizontal brace. Mine wobbled too until I placed a square tube across behind the windshield. A strip of double sided foam tape keeps the windshield tight against the brace. It is about 12" up from the bottom of the windshield.

I couldn't survive here in the summertime without a fold down windshield. Even a 5mph breeze is better than nothing.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:27 AM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Bob I don't know if you are in the mountains (not so hot), but I agree with Mr. Casey344. A fold down makes a heck of a difference with air flow. In fact, in all my personal carts, minus the Carryall with the cab I take them out entirely.
Yes on being in the mountains, but that does not mean that it is cool or dry year round. It is horribly hot and humid here more than half of the year in the part of the Appalachian Mountains I am in. I am in the Cherokee National Forest part of a temperate rainforest...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appala...ate_rainforest

From late-spring to early-fall, days frequently reach the high 90s, to low 100s during summer, with such high humidity that it can make breathing difficult for me. I use excess energy production of the climate to power air conditioning for free during that time of year.

Green mildew grows on everything outside, including my RXV. It is because of all of the rain that I bought the one piece windshield. I had no windshield at all in this RXV that was from Lousianna. I could not go for rides when I wanted to, without getting soaking wet from the misty rain so frequent here.

Bob
Old 09-17-2018, 07:40 AM   #8
Notocer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I live in Fl and have the one piece. When your going 30 plus I don't want the wind blowing in my face. I get all the cooling from the sides and not a problem.
Notocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:47 AM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Yes on being in the mountains, but that does not mean that it is cool or dry year round. It is horribly hot and humid here more than half of the year in the part of the Appalachian Mountains I am in. I am in the Cherokee National Forest part of a temperate rainforest...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appala...ate_rainforest

From late-spring to early-fall, days frequently reach the high 90s, to low 100s during summer, with such high humidity that it can make breathing difficult for me. I use excess energy production of the climate to power air conditioning for free during that time of year.

Green mildew grows on everything outside, including my RXV. It is because of all of the rain that I bought the one piece windshield. I had no windshield at all in this RXV that was from Lousianna. I could not go for rides when I wanted to, without getting soaking wet from the misty rain so frequent here.

Bob
I did not know where you live. Wikipedia (thanks for the link) describes your area as "cool and mild." I have been there, and it is breathtakingly beautiful. Whatever works for you is right for you.

To each his own. These are matters of opinion, and I'll keep the air flowing through mine.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:02 AM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

For so far as going 30+ MPH. I have boats, jet skis, motorcycles, and cars for that.

I don't want to go 30MPH in a golf cart. I use mine for "down time" and relaxing.

I ain't going 30MPH just to catch some air around the sides of a golf cart windshield.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO