lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2008, 12:23 AM   #1
darkrider2
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G2 Briggs 18 Opposed Conversion

Ive have a G2 golf cart that I run hard here in northern California. I decided to buy a Briggs 18 opposed engine for my cart because I practically stole the engine for the price the guy wanted for it. I have access to welding and machining equipment as well as a very experienced machinest and mechanic. I am a college student so I am financially disabled, but I do have an automotive background so im hoping this swap goes relatively easy. I have a couple of questions for the veterans of the forum about my swap. My first question is that I have searched the forums and it seems nobody has done a briggs 18 opposed engine swap in a G2 and I was just wondering if someone can remember of a post about a swap like this ever being done? And if there is someone who did this if they have any pointers to give me before I start the swap like mounting position for belt length etc. Sorry I didn't mean for my first post to be this long and even though it may sound like bull@%$# I will really value any thoughts or suggestions on this swap. Thanks
darkrider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2008, 12:33 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha G2 Briggs 18 Opposed Conversion

Welcome to BGW...There is one member who has done this in a Hyundai, I believe...He comes from a lawn mower racing background and seemed to make this conversion and installation with ease.....Here is a list of the threads he started....one of them is the swap to a horizontally opposed motor....You may want to PM him to ask about the install? Good Luck
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/search/result-196629/
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:09 AM   #3
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...ydin-high.html

Is this what you were looking for?
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

UBERCART (member here) has an opposed engine in one of his carts. Check with him.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
darkrider2
Not Yet Wild

Put around a 10 inch custom lift, 5 body and 5 suspension on the cart yesterday. With a lift this big I need the wheels I plan to use but don't have to know how much to lower engine swing arm frame hinges. Also bought a comet 40 series clutch. 40series goes to 3100 rpm and the engine govenor stops at 3400 rpm so I hope it's close enough. I'll try and get some pics soon
darkrider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha