lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #21
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: WOW large amount of blueish white smoke now wont run

search on line for it,,there will be one for free somewhere that you can download..also check the stickys at the top of the threads on here
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #22
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

I agree with nobuck, it's not magic tear it apart, take your time and keep it organized. keep in mind it goes back together the same way. Think of it as an education and how proud you will be when it's running again.

It's not really brain surgery and in the end you will be a Robbins Technician.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #23
TxPowderCoater
Getting Wild

^^ agree 100% tackle that critter yourself, if in the long run its to toast to repair, toss in a big block conversion or a clone bolt in and be happy for a lot less than factory repair fees. Spend the money on tools for yourself.
Where are you located?
TxPowderCoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #24
znb10
Not Yet Wild

I have all the tools and have a mechanical background. It's the time I was trying to save but looks like I will start the tear down today. I am in Dothan, AL
znb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #25
znb10
Not Yet Wild

All but crankcase cover off. I have to work the next two days. Wednesday I will pull the crankcase cover and pistons. The tops of the pistons are black with smoot but the cylinder walls seem fine. I don't know how to post pictures or I would show them.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #26
znb10
Not Yet Wild

Not sure what all I will need yet, but I have started looking at parts and can't seem to find any site sponsors that sell rebuild kits or just piston and ring sets. I have found some on eBay and outrageous shop ezgo
Old 06-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #27
TxPowderCoater
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by znb10 View Post
All but crankcase cover off. I have to work the next two days. Wednesday I will pull the crankcase cover and pistons. The tops of the pistons are black with smoot but the cylinder walls seem fine. I don't know how to post pictures or I would show them.
excellent news!
the data doesnt add up, now I'm wondering how the oil rings went toast so quickly being as they didnt break and scar the cylinder.
I dont know of any other way its going to injest oil like that but broken skirts and rings will leave tell tale signs in cylinder wear and also pieces in the oil.
Did you clean the soot and look for a small hole in piston top/s (unlikely but who knows at this point)?
Did the head gasket look ok? no signs of intrusion to cylinder?
Have you drained the oil and looked at it? I dont know how you could have waited to drop the side cover :-) I wouldnt be able to sleep unless I knew an answer.
Maybe the piston skirt is cracked at the piston pin area from rpm's, allowing it to suck the oil but not totally grenading itself....yet.

Now for the "if it was me"...
I would probably go with a healthy bigblock instead of repair the factory motor, a healthy big block swap could be done much cheaper and have more nuts when done.
A small block clone motor is no punk either, I have one on a minibike spinning 8-9k rpms, and making tons of power, but little torque (on a minibike it doesnt needs lots of torque, but cart , yes) and who knows how reliable or durable its going to be built like this running this much compression and race gas....thats why I say Big block, tons of power and torque and even leave it stock for durability or modify it and skies and your wallet is the limit to what power you could make with them.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #28
znb10
Not Yet Wild

I have not cleaned the pistons to check for holes. Do you know how to upload pics?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #29
TxPowderCoater
Getting Wild

I use photobucket, then use the link from there to post here useing the icon above that is a little yellow square with a mountain in it.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #30
TxPowderCoater
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by znb10 View Post
I have not cleaned the pistons to check for holes. Do you know how to upload pics?
Did the head gasket look ok? no signs of intrusion to cylinder?
Have you drained the oil and looked at it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO