lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2019, 09:55 PM   #31
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Scottyb bought a Yamaha

I have had my controller and solenoid upgrade for 2 years this December. Still rockin the stock motor. My cart is an 07. [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2019, 09:50 AM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Scottyb bought a Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
How are the drive carts holding up with just a controller? How soon after install did the motor burn out? What mods when it did?

ThNks
There are many things that factor into 'how long will the motor last?' We often forget the previous 5 yrs of rental hell most carts have been through. Just search You Tube to see some of this abuse. Then remembering the YDRE motor is engineered for golf look at your own use. Does it have bigger tires, added seating? Is it used off road or for extended slow travel? And what about the batteries, weak or poor condition batteries cause excessive amperage draw. Excessive amp draw is the leading killer of electric motors.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:48 PM   #33
ac921ol
Getting Wild

well thanks guys.

i plan on having 3inch lift 20/10/10 tires, and does have a rear seat, but wont be used much. usually just the wife and I and a little 2year old.

batteries were tested with a hydrometer and voltmeter and are holding 12volts and with the hydrometer it showed good to very good. exteneded slow travel just neighborhood streets.
ac921ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:03 PM   #34
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That is how I use my cart for the most part. A lot of cruising with wife and a little bit of golf. Replaced batteries less than a year ago and everything is working great. 6in lift, 23in ties.

Old 10-31-2019, 05:45 PM   #35
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

One thing I really like about this cart is the excellent access to the speed controller if no rear seat. If a rear seat is installed you may need to remove the seat back to reach the controller/motor access panel.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:18 PM   #36
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
One thing I really like about this cart is the excellent access to the speed controller if no rear seat. If a rear seat is installed you may need to remove the seat back to reach the controller/motor access panel.

It’s the same as an IQ Club Car I believe.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 09:18 AM   #37
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Yamaha has the most user friendly setup for mods out of any cart that I’ve seen. I look at the innards of other manufacturers carts and I have know idea how I would have pulled off the tinkering I’ve done on the Yamaha.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:29 AM   #38
Bgbadrider
Not Yet Wild

I got the 400 controller and solenoid, Very easy install. Just follow Scottyb’s tutorial. Thanks Scottyb!
Bgbadrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #39
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are most welcome.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:30 PM   #40
rsegner
Not Yet Wild

Where does the diode go?
rsegner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha