lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2015, 10:17 PM   #1
engelking
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Golf Cart Parts substitute

I am building a page on my website to keep track of parts you can substitute with standard parts

for example

Harley PN 36394-67G Drive Belt Substitute Part Gates 6312 SPORTLINE BELT

http://golfcarts.d-engelking.com/har...reference.html

I Just Started With Harley carts but would be willing to add other carts if members have any information.
engelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2015, 10:30 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Golf Cart Parts substitute

Might want to add this to the tech section as well. Is this going to be exclusive to Harley carts? I can 'stick' this in the appropriate tech area if you like so it will remain at the top.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #3
engelking
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

No it can be for any brand
Old 07-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
engelking
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

YES please stick it forr me
Old 07-18-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
engelking
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by engelking View Post
I am building a page on my website to keep track of parts you can substitute with standard parts

for example

Harley PN 36394-67G Drive Belt Substitute Part Gates 6312 SPORTLINE BELT

http://golfcarts.d-engelking.com/har...reference.html

I Just Started With Harley carts but would be willing to add other carts if members have any information.
New link to the tips and parts subs
http://golfcarts.d-engelking.com/index.html
Old 07-27-2015, 06:59 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

This is an awesome idea. I will emailing some of my work arounds for sure.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:00 PM   #7
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Can we update when we find more replacements? I have found new replacements for the plastic fuel tanks si I can add that if possible!
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #8
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by tew45 View Post
Can we update when we find more replacements? I have found new replacements for the plastic fuel tanks si I can add that if possible!
Yes you can. The STICKY will be left open so you can add post to it.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:47 PM   #9
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Metal Gas Tank Restoration -

For fixing metal gas tanks that are badly rusted inside and even if they have pin holes, there is a gas tank repair kit made by KBS Coatings and available through Amazon that etches the rust out of the inside and then coats the inside with an epoxy like coating that takes a few hours of effort to use, but leaves a truly amazing finish inside the tank. This is the perfect fix for any tank that is no longer available as a replacement. Different size kits are available, so any size tank can be treated. The kits are labeled for the size tank that they are for, and unless you will be doing more than one tank at the same time, don't buy a large kit, thinking that you will save the rest for later use, because it won't keep after it's been opened. Buy for the tank that you need it for or tanks that you will be treating at the same time.

I treated the metal gas tank of my 1987 Cushman Truckster three years ago and it is still perfect inside, like the day that I put it back into use. Since then I have done a tractor and rototiller metal tanks. The result is better than a new metal tank because it should never rust again from the inside out..

I have no connection with KBS. I'm just a well satisfied user of their products.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:31 AM   #10
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

1980's and early 1990's Trucksters with OMC engines (may also apply to other years and models)

Brake System -

Wheel Brake cylinders of 1980's vintage Cushman Trucksters can be rebuilt using rebuilding kits for 1970's Ford F-100 pickup trucks. The Cushman cylinders are identical to the Ford cylinders except for an external bump on the Ford casting that can be ground off without affecting it's use. If Cushman replacement cylinders cannot be located, this is the best alternative.

The master cylinder used in these Trucksters seems to be one that was used in some Forklifts, as I found an identical new replacement for my 1987 Truckster on the shelf at my local forklift repair shop for less than 1/2 of the Ebay price. Try your local forklift dealer if you are looking for one.

The brake system in Trucksters use DOT3 BRAKE FLUID, which is alcohol based. Since the master cylinder of Trucksters is vented to atmosphere, over time the moisture in the air, exchanged through this vent due to atmospheric pressure changes, mixes with the alcohol in the brake fluid. When sufficient moisture has entered the system the brake system will begin rusting from the inside out. I tried to locate a suitable non-vented more modern master cylinder that could be installed without extensive modification but could not locate anything suitable. Other brake fluids are now available, but are incompatible with the DOT3 brake fluid and may not be compatible with the rubber parts used in the Cushman Truckster brake systems either. So I've resigned myself to replacing the brake fluid in my Truckster every two years in order to minimize the brake system rusting problem.

The flexible brake line between the chassis and the front axle of my 1987 Truckster was identical to a late 1980's Dodge B-100 Van. If you need one of these compare your's to one for this model at your local auto parts store.

Fuel Pump - OMC motors -

The fuel pumps that were used on OMC engines are no longer manufactured. NOS has been sitting on the shelf for at least 15 years, with the rubber parts of them deteriorating from just sitting on the shelf, so they will likely fail quickly in use. A better and cheaper alternative is to install an automotive electric fuel pump. It only requires a connection to the power wire that turns on and off via the key switch ( power wire connection to the first coil is easiest to find ) and a wire to the nearest frame connection (ground). Mount it near the fuel tank and roughly level with the tank outlet for best results. A fuel line filter between the tank and pump is important. You no longer need the bypass filter and return line to the tank. Just connect the fuel pump direct to the carburetor inlet. These pumps are regulated for correct fuel pressure. Either remove the mechanical fuel pump and replace it with a metal cover and gasket or just leave the mechanical pump to block the hole. It's important to prevent air, dirt, and water from entering the crankcase through this hole.

Keihin Carburetors have tiny inlet filters that are NLA (No Longer Available)and they go bad. Just remove the old one from the carburetor inlet fitting and discard it. The fuel filter between the tank and fuel pump is all you need anyway.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts