lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

Default Brakes?

I had an idea this morning while sitting on the throne, If some how made dual brake pedal, sorts like what are on tractors, on my cart and then make them lockable for dual braking? I think if you got one tire spining in the mud while the other one has traction but no powet, you could brake the side that is spinning hopefully sending power to the other tire. What do yall think? Thanks
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Brakes?

That is a GREAT idea. If you could make the pedals not take up too much room, and not be too bulky, I think you'd have a good setup there.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

Ill have to take a look at it, It shouldn;t be that hard. It'll be a poor man's Posi....Im sure I could do it under 300 Bucks... LOL!! Any ideas on how to go about doing this?
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:25 AM   #4
traderrik
Not Yet Wild

Instead of a foot pedal, how about a hand control of some sort? Maybe like a parking brake lever?
traderrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I know this is kind of rough but it shows the basic concept. Two pedals pivot on the old bolt. You would still need to incorporate a parking brake into one or both pedals. On the new pedals use adjustable turnbuckles from the cable end to the new pedals.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
traderrik
Not Yet Wild

I read in another thread where a guy has adjusted his right rear brake to that it is always applied slightly before the left brake. He says when he sticks in the mud, he just depresses the brake pedal slightly and then guns it. This, as you suggested, serves to lock-up the r.r. wheel (the one that was previously spinning in the muck) and transfers power through the "open" differential to the left wheel.

I can see that it could be a fine line between "free" and brake drag. And I would think that the r.r. brake shoes would wear excessively.

Just a thought.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:34 PM   #7
CUTiger
Gone Wild

I'd think that when you were just normally dragging it would cause it to pull to the right when you braked...maybe not though.
CUTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #8
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

going at stock speeds it dont realy pull to each side my old cart was adjusted on 1 side alot more then the other and it never pulled
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #9
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderrik View Post
I read in another thread where a guy has adjusted his right rear brake to that it is always applied slightly before the left brake. He says when he sticks in the mud, he just depresses the brake pedal slightly and then guns it. This, as you suggested, serves to lock-up the r.r. wheel (the one that was previously spinning in the muck) and transfers power through the "open" differential to the left wheel.

I can see that it could be a fine line between "free" and brake drag. And I would think that the r.r. brake shoes would wear excessively.

Just a thought.
what if its the left wheel with no traction? unless it was always the rights slipping then the brake would be useless
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
traderrik
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddymankc View Post
what if its the left wheel with no traction? unless it was always the rights slipping then the brake would be useless
Hmmm... Maybe I'm missing something, or misinformed. Is it not the right that's always the primary drive wheel?

The only time you would apply the brake slightly to gain traction is when the right wheel is slipping - which, in an open differential, would then send the power to the left wheel (which, hopefully, would have some traction).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts