lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
afsman12
Not Yet Wild

Default bad boy buggy won't go forward or backwards

I got my bad boy buggy stuck in a creek with some ice and 6 inches of water. After pulling it out it wont go backwards or forwards. Also it doesn't make the humming sound that it did with the key on. If you turn it to forwards or backwards it doesn't make the clunk sound like it did also. Any help on this would be awesome. Thanks
afsman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: bad boy buggy won't go forward or backwards

I'm going to take a SWAG at this, and keep in mind I have zero BBB experience, and suggest that you look at the "gas peddle" box located under the floor mat just rearward of the gas peddle. This probably contains the microswitches and the potentiometer which controls the power that goes to your controller.

If this box gets flooded and shorts out, your cart could do what it's doing. Having a multimeter will be very valuable in DX-ing this. Pick one up for $15 or $20 before you even attempt to try and figure out anything with an electric cart.

Again, just a SWAG. I hope this helps.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts