lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
ron1
Not Yet Wild

Default need ignition module

I'm looking for a used ignition module for a 1987 Columbia with a Harley motor. It is part number 30509-86 I think. I would also consider a kit to change it to points if you know who carries one.

Thanks, Ron
ron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
dperry81
Not Yet Wild

Columbia

Default Re: need ignition module

I have the points plate if you need it and you can get the points and condenser from an auto parts store. I run Blue Streak 2240x points and the condenser from an inline six 70 model chevy car. Works great for me once I got it all dialed in. Flea-Bay has the modules for around $160-ish
dperry81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: need ignition module

The only drawback to points is the timing procedure which is a little confusing until you understand the 2 direction timing and parts replacement which is rare. Definitely the way to go if your system is bad. I use a 1970's Honda motorcycle coil I had in a junk box and Delco type points from a local auto supply. There is a slew of timing procedures on this forum so the conversion should be inexpensive. If you use an automotive coil use one that does not use an outside resistor unless you add one.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson