Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
moesdeals
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Will Yamaha G8 accept a G16 Front End Cowl?

I am a newbie and was wondering if someone can tell me if a different model Yamaha front end cowl will fit a G8. I have been told a G16 will interchange so I hope someone can verify this. Will any other models fit?

Thanks in advance
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
clayfor
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Will Yamaha G8 accept a G16 Front End Cowl?

My neighbor did one on his G8. The only problem was the bracket on the front that bolts on behind the Yamaha emblem was too long so he had to shorten it. As far as mounting to the cart everything else fit the same. I think it looks good!!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
moesdeals
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It looks really nice. Did he use a G16 front end?
Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
clayfor
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That picture is my G9 cart. My neighbor used a G16 front end on his G8. It's easy to do.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
moesdeals
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok, You have a nice looking cart.
I just ordered my G16 front end. Can you tell me what adapting I will need to do to install it?

Much Gracias :)
Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
clayfor
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks. It will fit right on to the dash the same as the G8. The only difference is the front mount behind the Yamaha emblem. The G8 frame sticks out farther than the G16 so either remove the front mount completely or shorten it to fit. I did one last year and removed the front mount, just used the bolts on the dash. It worked fine with no problems. You'll see the difference once you get your G16 front end. Pretty simple. I'm not sure about your roof and how it mounts if you have one. It will be up to you, but you might want to change the front bumper and get the G16 one too or make your own out of aluminum diamond plate. Once you get the G16 front on you can determine what you want to do if anything. Good Luck.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
moesdeals
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thank you. Yes, I have a stock roof kit. I did not think about that. I wonder what I will need to do.

Where did you get your light kit for your G9? I need to get one that will fit the G16 front end and a G8 back end but still 36V. How about a lift kit? I bought the 4" economy lift kit for a G9 and it won't fit. Have to send it back but I want about 4" more of clearance. I am going to run standard sized tires because I need the torque for my acreage even though yours look awesome. I ordered a Alltrax 400 controller and solenoid for more power/torque and because I think my controller was failing. Can't find shocks either for the G8 nor can I find anyone to tell me how to align the front end and what the measurements should be. It's a handful.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #8
clayfor
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It depends on were the frame mounts now. It might mount the same. I don't know. My Lights I got from Ebay. I did my own lift. Took a lot of time. Your better of buying a lift kit. The G2 and G9 kits won't work on your G8. I think a G14 - G16 will work. Check with Cart Parts Plus. They can help you. You should check on this sight for a G8 manual also. I used to have one. If I still do, I'll send it to you. Just ask if anybody has one and can help you. As far as your front end alignment, I think it should be around 104" each side from center of back wheel to center of front wheel. Again others on here can probably help you better than me.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
clayfor
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have a manual! I pm'd you!
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts