lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Jim77xlh
Not Yet Wild

Default Lift kit question for 1989 G2

I recently bought my first buggy, a 1989 G2 gas. I want to add a Jakes A-arm lift kit (the cheaper one, for approx $275). Can somebody confirm for me that it will work with the stock spindles? As near as i can tell, I won't need to buy any additional parts, but my buddy needed to get different spindles to lift his G1 and I want to ensure what I'll need before I start ordering.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
Jim
Jim77xlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lift kit question for 1989 G2

You should be fine with your spindles. On G1's they changed the spindles in the later years. That's the years Jakes builds lifts for on the G1's. So your friend had to get the newer hubs to work. G2's are all the same. Hope that helps.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
Jim77xlh
Not Yet Wild

It definitely helps - thanks. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger, but I've been staring at hundreds of pictures of the carts here and I'm feeling the fever to get the long travel kit or 7" Jakes kit. I probably can't afford it, but you people have some gorgeous buggies!!
Old 07-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
Jim77xlh
Not Yet Wild

Could somebody direct me to a picture of a G2/9 with a 6" Jakes lift and another picture of same model with a Jakes Long travel lift? i'm trying to get a comparison of what they each look like. I've looked at hundreds of pictures in the members forum, but most don't specifiy which lifts are in them. If Ron is reading this, what lift is in your buggy?

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The LT comes with shocks iirc and it is wider than stock for sure. You can go by looks and jakes is higher quality, but the larger lifts really shine when you go offroad the ride is certainly better. You just can't get the ride from stock shocks and limited travel the smaller lifts have. Whatever you do I would recommend at least 22" tires and of the atv rated quality to resist punctures. Selection is a lot better too. G2/9 are pretty much the same when it comes to parts. If you just putt around campgrounds slow I would say get a cheaper lift that is taller like all sports maybe, and use the extra money for nicer wheels. If you go offroad a LT lift is worth it. A lot of people run ex400 front shocks on G2/9s especially the rears.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha