lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #11
ruredy
Born Wild

What year is the cart? does it have the 5 solenoid setup in it?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #12
dlocsldr
Not Yet Wild

this diagrams for the 89 par car then if you see #11 (sorry its a little small) thats the circuit breaker. On the cart its self it has two plug terminals and a screw one. If you see number #11 the one red wire comes in and the white goes out. Maybe you can use different circuit breakers? and no its just one solenoid. So far i've did everything except bypass the circuit breaker which i'm going to bypass tommorrow. Now i have another discovery to add. when i was putting another solenoid on i had a pair of needle nose pliers out that i checking the wires with. it made contact with the one large terminal on the solenoid which had the posi to it and made contact with the one small terminal right next to it(refer to diagram, the solenoid started clicking like crazy. So i then decided to turn the keyswitch and it cranked over. What did i bypass when i did that
dlocsldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #13
roady89

The circuit breaker is used as a safety switch more or less.....if its messed up you either wont have power or it wont switch off. Looking at the diagram you could wire from the positive battery terminal to the "G" terminal on the directional switch and you should have bypassed the breaker.

Now on the spark thing.....looking at the diagram....if your description is correct. You made a connection with the pliers from positive battery to negative ground....that terminal next to positive on the solenoid is grounded. I can see it clickin like crazy but you really didn't bypass anything....
Old 06-05-2007, 10:08 PM   #14
ruredy
Born Wild

I would guess you fried the diode, or the switch is messing up.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:10 PM   #15
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: rebuilding par car

Check your voltage regulator, it should be insulated from ground. If it is not insulated from ground you will have a short that will mess everything up.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:38 PM   #16
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Short around it. It is supposed to be shorted until you have an overload!
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:12 AM   #17
cartagious
Not Yet Wild

DLO

If you can't get it I have a great running complete engine and harness.
The only thing is the starter generator is getting a little tired. It sometimes
turns over slow but it starts every time. Let me know! I am sure we could work something out if the gremlins keep chasing you! I even have a good muffler etc. Its all there! Good luck on your project!

Cartagious!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/image...es/burnout.gif
cartagious is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar