lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #1
dlocsldr
Not Yet Wild

Default rebuilding par car

ok my oil injector failed and i'm rebuilding the top end of my par car i had it bored .30 over and the new piston is different than the old one. this piston has a hole on the skirt (not the wrist pins holes)should that hole be facing the exhaust or what ???? It doesn't matter if the new piston has 3 rings instead of 2 does it??? and how do i get that stubborn wristpin out of the old piston and rod it appears stuck after i removed the circlips??? And the last question is, is there any advice on installing the gaskets should i use gasket sealer or what...
thanks
dlocsldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

as for the gaskets i don,t think your supposed to use any type of sealer.....as for the piston i do know its supposed to go in one way most are marked..........as for the pin have you tried tapping it out with a punch where did you get the piston and why does it have 3 rings i,m not 100% certain but i think thats gonna make a difference......my best advice to you would be to get yourself the service manual for your cart.....it will give you step by step on rebuilding the engine.....hate to see you put it back togather and do even more damage to it..........as for your oil injection.....eliminate it and mix your gas and oil by hand and put it in...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Thanks shadowman for helping with this.
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

don,t know how much help i was here but wanted to at least give him some basic info...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Did we get this problem fixed?
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
dlocsldr
Not Yet Wild

sorry haven't been on the site for awhile got the problem fixed. Now i have another problem. I was driving the cart around and parked it. Put it in reverse later and now i believe the solenoid won't stop clicking even if you put the keyswitch in reverse, forward, off. The starter won't turn over either. So i just disconnected the battery to get the thing to stop clicking. any ideas?
Old 05-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #7
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I'm not really sure about theses carts, but you may want to check that the battery is fully charged and that the accelerator microswitch disengages completely when you let off.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #8
roady89

Check the micro switch.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #9
dlocsldr
Not Yet Wild

its not the microswitch, i got a short somewhere and can't find it, the microswitch is alright it did work fine. The problem actually began when i moved this wire connected to the overload circuit breaker and it sparked a few times. which is telling me it was wired wrong. I now fixed my wiring and replaced the solenoid just incase. Is it possible i fried my overload circuit breaker and it never completes the circuit. lso why does the par car circuit breaker seem to diff. I still have the factory circuit breaker set up and it has (2)plug connections and a screw on connection. Only one of the plugs gets used though. Can some one explain this to me because my wire diagram shows a circuit breaker with (2) screw on connections.Also i believe i havbe the correct wiring, why does the reverse buzzer buzz in forward and reverse sorry for such a long post im just really confused right now
Old 06-05-2007, 05:36 PM   #10
roady89

Just for testing purposes would it be possible to wire "around" the circuit breaker to see if its defective? Maybe a jumper wire from one side of the circuit breker to the other. Its very possible the breaker is bad. Can you post this diagram for us?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar