lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
GreattobeGreg@cfl.rr.com
Not Yet Wild

Default new owner of 1993 ez go medalist golf cart. Need assistance with electrical sys

Recently purchased a 1993 ez go golf cart. Believed to be a Medalist. It has a 4 stroke engine. I am trying to get a better understanding of the electrical system. The cart makes no attempt to start! I have replaced the 12 volt solenoid, battery and have now order a replacement ignition coil. I have also checked the foot pedal micro switch. It ohms out and seams to be working correctly. I have removed the starter generator and bench tested it with a battery. It spins at good rpm. I have 12.58 volts to the leads the go to the ignition coil. When the pedal is depressed. However i have been unsuccessful getting the starter to attempt to start the cart. (turn the key on and depress the pedal "Nothing" Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I purchased this as a project for myself and my teenage son. Help keep him out of trouble. Perhaps he and I will even learn something. I don't have the heart to tell him i'm stumped. Please advise.

Thank You
GreattobeGreg@cfl.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: new owner of 1993 ez go medalist golf cart. Need assistance with electrical sys

Check some of this out, you may be able to find what you need

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
rusty shackel
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: new owner of 1993 ez go medalist golf cart. Need assistance with electrical sys

sound like after all that, some wires are swiched around.
does the starter turn over at all ?
trace the wires .

rusty s
rusty shackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

Welcome GREAT to BGWLook at the forward/reverse switch for dirty connections. East fix may be Carb clearner or Contact cleaner spray. Spray the crap out of it while moving it to forward and reverse do this several times to clean the contacts and blow out with compressed air to remove dirt. If you have voltage to the solenoid in and out with the pedal depressed the next place it goes is to the f/r switch which then applies power to the starter/generator in the direction chosen. No one is stupid at 62 I'm still learning. KEEP that son busy
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical system diagram
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO