lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
gumps10
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Secondary Feeling Confused and a little Stupid

I know after 1997 the CC Motor turned Clockwise and supposedly they have different secondaries however when I was just looking @ my 2004 Carry all secondary it has a helix on both sides and the "slider" is triangle shaped and could run between the either helix side therefore the secondary could work in either direction.

Tell me what I'm "seeing wrong " please.

I want to do a clone swap on this and everyone is saying I will have to swap the secondary with an older one But I don't see why....

Posted in the Gas Club car thread but thought maybe I should put it here to...
gumps10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Club Car Secondary Feeling Confused and a little Stupid

Most of them only have the wear pads on one side, but I'm not real familiar with CC. Also the spring inside if factory will be preloaded in one direction. If you push it apart by hand you will feel the spring winding it in one direction that keeps the ramps pressed together. Aftermarket springs are just huge and don't preload. If the spring preloads it will have ends on it that stick out. Again I've only looked at CC not had one apart yet. You can tell by hand if its not preloaded. Or you can look at the other post here guy put a jackshaft under the engine and runs it off the other side, its not that complex or anything just have to get the shaft turned with a taper on it or use the adapter/etc. There are plenty of CC posts on doing this both ways but I've not read all of them, just had family get a CC and started looking into it lately. But its older I think CCW.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
gumps10
Not Yet Wild

I see that there are both however very few newer ones.
I do understand about the preload as that is how you tweak a snowmobile secondary.
This has a double sided wear pad and the puck seems to ride between the Helix's
I have thought about the Jack-shaft route however I don't really want to go that way....the Jack-shaft itself is easy but it moves the exhaust and intake positions as well as how the generator mounts and I would like to keep things looking as original as possible
Old 03-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If it does run both ways then you should be good to run reverse gear, I guess the ratio is a little lower is all.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
gumps10
Not Yet Wild

I wonder i I should see i any one has a pic of the different secondaries together for reference.

I think I'm just gonna go with it and see

Thanks for the input
Old 03-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

double post....BGW server must need some injector cleaner tonight.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Like this one? It sure looks like it goes both ways, but I don't know if CC springs preload or not. Click the photo it gets huge
http://www.indianagolfcar.com/index....en-clutch.html

See here if you look at the spring you see the tabs on the ends that go into the sheaves, so you can wind them up. You would need a spring wound the right way to make it work. Aftermarket springs don't have these they are just way heavier.
diagram
Again I don't know what different secondaries and springs CC used. That one looks like it might have a one way shoe unlike the other one but hard to tell.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps