lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
rangerboy
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default secondary options ?

well iv got a Jacobson utility cart..ezgo well i lifted it 6in made and adjustable rear end to tighten the belt when it wears.. and i got a lot more bottom end tq, so then i figured well 25 in tires is a good idea..wrong now im back in the same boat like i have never done the tighter belt. What els can you do to get more bottom end back again.? secondary sprin? any thing i can do with it. or is their a 1-2 inch bigger secondary driven from a snowmobile that would fit it to get my gear ratio back with bigger tires, or to re gear the tranny? lmk if anyone has done any of this its just a quick thought i had while a friend helped push me up a hill.... any help would be great
rangerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: secondary options ?

I have heard good things about the 28 degree clutch. Might help that problem. With that adjustable rear end and the 28 deg. clutch you might be able to fine tune it and get a majority of your power back.. Only other thing after that I know of is some engine mods or big block..
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Adjusting for belt wear is good to a point regarding the drive (front) clutch but as the belt wears it gets narrower and sits lower in the driven (back) clutch and you defeat the adjustability of your set up.
Where does the belt sit in the driven when parked, not running now?
Is it flush with the top rim, above or below it?
New belt might be your cure...........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
rangerboy
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

yeah it sets just a hair low to maybe flush, i know like my snowmobile sets about and 1/8 above the secondary.. and that suppose to be good... how are them ezgo secondary held on? spline or a key way?I just know that if i had a 1-2 inch bigger in diameter secondary it would make all the difference in the world.. and just makeing sure the belt was adjusted right made a huge difference.. and works great with my little tires on but as soon as them 25's get on their no more hills. also with the belt wearing no matter what the front will always be at its lowest grabbing point..yea the back will drop some but i just thought it would let me get a bit more wear outta the belt<-----cheep ***.. next to no money right now lol ..but like i say small tires its great big ones not so great. i need to modify something. how much is a new belt for the ezgo? i guess beings i just got it i could start with a new belt...but im looking for the solution to never not having enough tq problem.. besides a new engine..but id like to at some point and time
rangerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

New belt is @ $30ish depending if you try local and no shipping or maybe cheaper on net with shipping.
Just make sure you get OEM. Stay away from aftermarket. (JMO)
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO