lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #21
jamesgangnc
Not Yet Wild
Zone

Default Re: IRS Tax Form 8936

It's not the form that is stalling things. It's deciding how the form will work, what dates drive what.

The spark people had some earlier correspondence from the irs that they interpreted as saying that issuing a title or mos before the end of the year was enough. It seems at that point it was all about aqquired. But now it seems to be leaning towards placed in service. It's a real pain in the derriere for me, I paid with credit thinking I'd only be out a month or two's interest before I got it back from the irs.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #22
HDRyder
Flirtin' with Disaster

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowSled View Post
this is getting kinda silly, its a FREAKIN form.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgw70 View Post
HEY IRS, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM
Hello Big Goverment... you guys had to know "The Man" would "F" this whole thing up. I mean really, give me one government program that operates efficiently or even remotely effectively.

Don't take this wrong, I'm certainly not laughing at you guys, but I have to laugh at this complete debacle of a program. "The Reinvestment in America Act" that was suppose to save the nation... by sending taxpayer money to China for colf carts??? and this is just one of many programs in this bill sending money to LaLa Land somewhere.

The law is law... the rich get richer because they know the law. No fault should go on you guys for taking advantage of what "The Man" giveth away... even if it is absolute ludicracy...

Sorry, didn't mean to get political and hi-jack your thread....
Old 01-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #23
buscopat
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Well said HDRyder

I thought about this program, but then saw how the cash for clunkers went for my car dealer friend and said no thanks.
Now if EZ-Go, Club Car, or Polaris get their units out early enough, maybe I'll look at the program this year.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #24
jamesgangnc
Not Yet Wild
Zone

At the moment that is not an option. The tax credit presently does say that the vehicle has to be purchased by the end of 2009. The process of qualifying vehicles also has similar language. They certainly could extend these parts into 2010 but they have taken a bit of grief over the program. I admit that most of us in a position to take advantage of this are not exactly hurting. But it does inject a fair bit of money into these companies that are producing them. Sure part of that ends up over in china but not all of it.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #25
HDRyder
Flirtin' with Disaster

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesgangnc View Post
Sure part of that ends up over in china but not all of it.
Don't disagree one bit. The guy that had the vision to see the loop hole in the law, started an LLC to market these carts in the USA, no doubt, if it all works out will make a killing. But I can't view that as an investment in America. As I said before, the rich get richer because they know the law.

Basically, that is what has happened. The liberal "Go Green" initiative of this bill was to put an incentive out there to replace miles driven by fossil fuel vehicles, with electric vehicles. With that being said, someone realized with the vagueness in the law, they could make a golf cart street legal and fit the requirements of a "qualifying vehicle" as stated in the bill.

I truly doubt if many people, if any, intend to utilize their carts for a means of primary transportation.

It's simply another fine product, hurried through the legislation, and the end result was a loophole. I'll be dead before the bill gets paid back... but it's going to cost somebody... someday.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #26
lawduck
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRyder View Post
I truly doubt if many people, if any, intend to utilize their carts for a means of primary transportation.
I don't think there was any expectation that the NEVs targeted by the credit were intended to be a means of primary transportation. Rather, they are intended for local trips where it is less efficient to take your big SUV. One of our car(t)s will be used for my wife to commute to work (rather than her Z4) on days she drives rather than walking or biking, and our second will be to get around town at our vacation house (again instead of driving a gas car). I suspect that many of the Zone cars will be used for a similar purpose.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #27
HDRyder
Flirtin' with Disaster

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawduck View Post
I don't think there was any expectation that the NEVs targeted by the credit were intended to be a means of primary transportation. Rather, they are intended for local trips where it is less efficient to take your big SUV. One of our car(t)s will be used for my wife to commute to work (rather than her Z4) on days she drives rather than walking or biking, and our second will be to get around town at our vacation house (again instead of driving a gas car). I suspect that many of the Zone cars will be used for a similar purpose.
Maybe my wording was bad... but your stated purpose is what I felt would not be the norm. I'm figuring most of these carts will be doing what most existing carts already do... chores around the house, trail riding, or campground cruising... such as mine does, and many others.

Maybe I'll be pleasantly suprised to see a cart parking area at the local Wal-Mart soon because of the influx of carts being used to run and get that needed gallon of milk... I just doubt it though...
Old 01-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #28
YellowSled
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRyder View Post
Maybe my wording was bad... but your stated purpose is what I felt would not be the norm. I'm figuring most of these carts will be doing what most existing carts already do... chores around the house, trail riding, or campground cruising... such as mine does, and many others.

Maybe I'll be pleasantly suprised to see a cart parking area at the local Wal-Mart soon because of the influx of carts being used to run and get that needed gallon of milk... I just doubt it though...
All the items you listed that you use yours for, I will not be doing. Mine will be for used around town. Sadly Walmart is on a 40mph road so I cant make it there. Here is a short list of places I can think of that I can take mine within the 30mph limit:

BJ's
Green turtle (sports bar)
Grocery store
Liquor store
6-8 fast food + a dozen other sit down resturants
Town mall
My parents house
my kids mother (my ex)
+ countless others.....
Old 01-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #29
themackin
Not Yet Wild
Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowSled View Post
All the items you listed that you use yours for, I will not be doing. Mine will be for used around town. Sadly Walmart is on a 40mph road so I cant make it there. Here is a short list of places I can think of that I can take mine within the 30mph limit:

BJ's
Green turtle (sports bar)
Grocery store
Liquor store
6-8 fast food + a dozen other sit down resturants
Town mall
My parents house
my kids mother (my ex)
+ countless others.....
Mine will be used similarly Sled but will also serve as the people mover when we take the Clampet Mobile (old RV) camping. Need to get a utility trailer for that though.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #30
YellowSled
Gone Wild

i got a homemade tilt bed trailer fabed from a mobile home axle for $120 on craigslist. Put about $80 into in in new tires and new lights and wires and its good as new now. Perfect to haul the new whip in.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay