lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2022, 09:02 AM   #1
haddixbros1
Not Yet Wild

Default 72V system Melts EZGO TXT F/R switch?

I have a 1999 EZGO txt series cart. I recently jumped from a 52v56ah roypow kit, to the big boy 72v106ah roypow kit. I have a Plum quick Demon motor and an alltrax SR72500 to accompany it. Love the performence enhancement. Having said that..... . I noticed some heat from the battery bay. Turns out the contact points on my F/R switch are getting HOT like, 135° or hotter if I drive for a while. Even the attached 0/2 guage wires are getting warm. Not all, just the ones that are attached the points on the F/R switch. And the further from that switch those wires go, the cooler they get. Now, Im no rookie and have ensured there is no loose connections. Its also a heavy duty controller. So whats going on? Is this system just not up to handling 72V? Do I need a new switch style?

And and all advice is greatky appreciated!!!!
haddixbros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2022, 07:14 PM   #2
Dave Barton
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 72V system Melts EZGO TXT F/R switch?

You could upgrade the weak forward reverse switch to a reversing contactor which is basically a double solenoid setup. Use the 400 amp version
Dave Barton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
72v, ezgo, lithium, roypow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!