lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2022, 04:52 PM   #1
Snuffy1757
Getting Wild

Default 99 EZGO DCS conversion

Ok I have an 99 EZGO DCS. It’s has a 500 amp Altrax controller and a high torque EMP motor with heavy wires and solenoid. Lifted cart with big tires and a bed for hauling. How much trouble is the conversion and what is the cost. My Trojans are 5 years old. I’m going to have to buy batteries soon. I use my cart for deer hunting in hilly terrain.
Snuffy1757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2022, 01:31 PM   #2
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 EZGO DCS conversion

My 96 TXT batteries are not charging like they used to so I am shopping for lithium. The installation should be fairly easy, things to look for, continuous discharge and max discharge. I have the xct 48500 in my cart and live in a hilly community. I'm looking at the ECO 105AH cost around $2800 another pack option is Roypow S51105P around $2900 . Attached a couple data sheets.

Continuous discharge Max discharge Warranty
ECO 175 300 30 seconds 8 years
Roypow 150 315 30 seconds 5 years

still researching best setting for the Alltrax controller to work along with the BMS of the Lithium pack.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Eco_Battery_48V105Ah_Datasheet_06-11-2021_web.pdf (2.97 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf Roypow data.pdf (24.4 KB, 0 views)
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 01:34 PM   #3
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Another thing to consider is cold weather charging.

read this https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/member.php?u=208994
Old 11-05-2022, 01:50 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For the DCS cart assuming the conversion you are asking about is 36 to 48 volts. The DCS cart will need a new 48v motor or a TXT48 take-off motor.
Most likely your controller is 48v compatible, check the label. And check the solenoid is rated for 48v also. Then you need 6/8v batteries, longer battery to battery cables, and a 48v charger.
As for lithium conversion you are on the right track. Be aware of capacity and discharge limits. 300 amps peak is enough for off road use. Be aware that the conversion will reduce the cart weight by about 1/3rd. While this is great for speed and distance it is not so great for traction as weight = traction. This may adversely effect the off road performance. I experience this but I do not hear much discussion about it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 02:51 PM   #5
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
For the DCS cart assuming the conversion you are asking about is 36 to 48 volts.
opps I missed that rather important detail. Hey but while your here Scotty, how long until you have ECO batteries available?
Old 11-05-2022, 04:12 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuttPutt View Post
opps I missed that rather important detail. Hey but while your here Scotty, how long until you have ECO batteries available?
I don't know - we are doing some remodel of our storage facility. It's probably going to be awhile.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 10:36 PM   #7
Snuffy1757
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
For the DCS cart assuming the conversion you are asking about is 36 to 48 volts. The DCS cart will need a new 48v motor or a TXT48 take-off motor.
Most likely your controller is 48v compatible, check the label. And check the solenoid is rated for 48v also. Then you need 6/8v batteries, longer battery to battery cables, and a 48v charger.
As for lithium conversion you are on the right track. Be aware of capacity and discharge limits. 300 amps peak is enough for off road use. Be aware that the conversion will reduce the cart weight by about 1/3rd. While this is great for speed and distance it is not so great for traction as weight = traction. This may adversely effect the off road performance. I experience this but I do not hear much discussion about it.
The cart has already been converted to 48 volts and the conversion I’m talking about is to lithium. Sorry for the confusion.
Snuffy1757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO