lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2022, 01:50 PM   #1
justinjp23
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo TXT series 36v lithium

I have a converted 36v lithium ezgo with a Navitas TSX 440. What do I need to do to add one more 12v and make it 48v? I only get about 15 mph currently and would like to get closer to 20. I believe it has a stock motor and solenoid. Will I burn these out if I add another 12v lithium in a series? I did not build the cart but bought it this way. Thanks for the help.
justinjp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2022, 05:22 PM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Ezgo TXT series 36v lithium

12v lithium batteries in series are not good at the best of times. Adding a fourth new battery to three used batteries will definitely give you balancing issues.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 07:38 PM   #3
justinjp23
Not Yet Wild

Understood, thank you. I’ll probably just leave it alone.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:55 PM   #4
DouggieFressh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had purchased 3x12v lithiums before finding buggies gone wild. They recommend I balance the 12v batteries every year. If you would use a new and old mixture, I would imagine you would need to increase that.
DouggieFressh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 02:09 AM   #5
justinjp23
Not Yet Wild

What about using the same solenoid and motor? Will these both fail if I run 48v? I know the controller can handle the voltage but I’m mot sure how the solenoid and motor will do.
Old 08-21-2022, 02:52 AM   #6
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I can’t comment on that. Maybe someone more familiar with Ezgo TXT can help. Sorry.

Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 05:49 AM   #7
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

You would need to upgrade your solenoid to 48 volts. If you have an AMD motor it will tolerate an increase to 48 volts. GE motors you will have to check with someone else. A properly done 48volt upgrade will net you a 33% gain in both speed and torque. You may want to check with someone like Plum Quick Motors for a 36 volt speed upgrade motor. These are their options and the prices are $700 to about $850. Visit their website.

COBRA-New Custom Built Motor, Class H Motor Rating, High Performance Brushes, Torque/Speed EZ-GO 36 volt Series 19 spline 13.7 HP, Speed 22-25 mph (estimated) and added 50% more torque *must upgrade controller*, flat terrain and a good quality battery pack.

MONGOOSE-New Custom Built Motor, Class H Motor Rating, High Performance Brushes, High Torque EZ-GO 36 volt Series 19 spline 12.5 HP, Speed 14-16 mph (estimated) and added 60% more torque with stock controller, standard height tires, flat terrain and a good quality battery pack.
New Custom Built Motor, Class H Motor Rating, High Performance Brushes, Torque/Speed EZ-GO 36 volt Series 19 spline 11.5 HP, Speed 20-22 mph (estimated) and added 30% more torque with stock controller, standard height tires, flat terrain and a good quality battery pack.

SORCERER-New Custom Built Motor, Class H Motor Rating, High Performance Brushes, Torque/Speed EZ-GO 36 volt Series 19 spline 11.5 HP, Speed 20-22 mph (estimated) and added 30% more torque with stock controller, standard height tires, flat terrain and a good quality battery pack.

BANDERILLERO-New Custom Built Motor, Class H Motor Rating, High Performance Brushes, Torque/Speed EZ-GO 36volt Series 19 spline 11.7 HP, Speed 19-21 mph (estimated) and added 35% more torque with stock controller, standard height tires, flat terrain and a good quality battery pack.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 03:18 PM   #8
justinjp23
Not Yet Wild

Thank you this is good info. I would rather just upgrade the motor to gain the speed and not mess with all the electrical. Especially since the motor is 20+ years old anyway.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:36 PM   #9
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm a little surprised you're only getting 15mph on a lithium cart with an aftermarket controller... Check for other issues like low tire pressure, dragging brakes and badly toe'd in or toe'd out front tires.

I get that it's still 36v, but with the (very) limited experience I with 36v carts I'm really confused. Are you running large lawn mower tires? The kind that top out at 10 psi? Are you sure it's 15mph tops on flat pavement? Is your OTF programmer locked to a slower speed?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:58 PM   #10
justinjp23
Not Yet Wild

I checked the tire pressure and now I get 16 to 17. I also upgraded all my wires to 4 gauge because they were in bad shape. I thought it would be faster too. The question is do I convert to 48v( this would be 4 lithium’s in a series and a new selonoid, controller amd AMD motor are 36-48v)or just get a plum quick motor for the 22-25 mph I’m looking for.

Tags
ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO