lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2022, 04:56 PM   #1
colu41
Getting Wild

Default Fuel Pumps

Will a fuel pump from a Club Car work on a Par Car? My par car stalled out and first thing I noticed was no gas was getting to the filter. So I immediately figured it was the pump. So I swapped the pump from my Club Car in which I knew workedz but the gas still will barely pump to the filter.
Could it be as simple as a plugged line?
colu41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2022, 01:41 PM   #2
colu41
Getting Wild

Default No Spark

At first I thought it was a gas issue, but with further inspection I see that I'm not getting any spark. Cleaned the plug, and tried new ones with no luck. What else do I look for?
Old 06-23-2022, 01:49 PM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fuel Pumps

Any vacuum pump will work on your cart so, yes, a Club Car pump will work fine. There is a "sticky" at the top of the HD sub-forum that you may want to take a look at as it explains fuel draw issues.

With regard to "no spark", unfortunately, that can be a significant issue on these carts as the OEM parts needed to get spark are no longer made. I recall you have an '89 cart. Those used something called an electronic ignition module that replaced points with something a bit more modern. Unfortunately, those modules are no longer made and getting in their place, though possible, is not for the faint of heart. There is an "ignition module" sticky on the top of this sub-forum that you may want to take a look at.

That module isn't the only fail point with regard to no spark issues but it always seems to be a primary suspect. A bad coil can also cause no spark as well as a bad spark plug wire.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 02:42 PM   #4
colu41
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Any vacuum pump will work on your cart so, yes, a Club Car pump will work fine. There is a "sticky" at the top of the HD sub-forum that you may want to take a look at as it explains fuel draw issues.

With regard to "no spark", unfortunately, that can be a significant issue on these carts as the OEM parts needed to get spark are no longer made. I recall you have an '89 cart. Those used something called an electronic ignition module that replaced points with something a bit more modern. Unfortunately, those modules are no longer made and getting in their place, though possible, is not for the faint of heart. There is an "ignition module" sticky on the top of this sub-forum that you may want to take a look at.

That module isn't the only fail point with regard to no spark issues but it always seems to be a primary suspect. A bad coil can also cause no spark as well as a bad spark plug wire.

Thanks a lot..... I assume the worst when I get these old carts, because it always seems to be the case.
Old 06-23-2022, 03:19 PM   #5
colu41
Getting Wild

So I went through and tested the coil. I dont get ANY voltage when the key is turned, but when I try to turn the cart over i'm getting between 10.5 and 11 volts. Am I testing it wrong?
I have the positive on the terminal with the only two wires connected to the coils, and the negative on the battery negative.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:47 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Your test is correct. There should be no power anywhere on the cart until the accelerator is depressed and the microswitch closes.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:41 AM   #7
colu41
Getting Wild

Quote:
Your test is correct. There should be no power anywhere on the cart until the accelerator is depressed and the microswitch closes.
According to the sticky on the ignition module, it says when the key is on, it should read 12 volts.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:44 AM   #8
colu41
Getting Wild

I just noticed, you're the original poster of that thread lol. So ok. I should have 12 volts after depressing the pedal? If it's lower than 12 volts, where else should I look?
Old 06-27-2022, 10:35 AM   #9
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Your coil should have three wires going into it. A wire that came from the microswitch to coil +, a wire that came from the ignition module to coil +, another wire from the ignition module that goes to coil -. If that microswitch isn't good and depressed there can be no power at the coil. I will have to re-read that sticky.

Assuming your microswitch is good and with the accelerator depressed, you should see 12v on the + terminal of you are holding the red lead of a voltage meter on it while holding the black lead on the voltage meter to ground.

Note that this test will not indicate if your coil or module are good or not. It will only measure if your coil is getting 12v.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:53 PM   #10
colu41
Getting Wild

Quote:
Your coil should have three wires going into it. A wire that came from the microswitch to coil +, a wire that came from the ignition module to coil +, another wire from the ignition module that goes to coil -. If that microswitch isn't good and depressed there can be no power at the coil. I will have to re-read that sticky.

Assuming your microswitch is good and with the accelerator depressed, you should see 12v on the + terminal of you are holding the red lead of a voltage meter on it while holding the black lead on the voltage meter to ground.

Note that this test will not indicate if your coil or module are good or not. It will only measure if your coil is getting 12v.
Ok thanks. Yes I'm just trying to figure out why I'm not getting spark. Whether it's the coil, something else, or the module. In which case I'll be bringing it to the junkyard
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar