lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
gadget_guy
Not Yet Wild

Default Zone Electric wiring diagram

I found this when looking for the wiring diagram when I F'ed up and shorted something last week.

Quite handy. last few pages are schematics. Turns out I blew the 10A fuse at the controller under the seat. Replaced and repaired other stuff and all good again. Whew.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf golf cart wiring diagram.pdf (1.02 MB, 0 views)
gadget_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
gadget_guy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Zone Electric wiring diagram

BTW, what I messed up was shorting the wires on the left side of the battery meter. Don't do that. Ha.

The black paint looked bad and worn. I figured I would pull out the items and paint that with some blue paint I had laying around (few coats of clear) while I was replacing the stereo this year.

I had a helper for some of this as well. He wanted to strike a pose and get a picture taken.

I had some issues with power to the stereo this year. Turns out it was NOT a bad stereo as I thought it didn't survive the winter, but rather the inline fuse holder I installed in the battery compartment. I pulled +12v power from battery #2 for constant 12v power for the stereo. That fuse holder was corroded after a year or so in the vapors above the batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blue_dash.jpg (216.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg flame cart with model.jpg (215.0 KB, 0 views)
gadget_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
servpro
Not Yet Wild

Lightbulb Re: Zone Electric wiring diagram

Not sure if this helps, but he are some photos of my battery wiring for the NEV-48 EX.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1662_1.jpg (189.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1663_1.jpg (195.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1664_1.jpg (188.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1665_1.jpg (191.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1666_1.jpg (183.4 KB, 0 views)
servpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:53 PM   #4
cgseward123
Not Yet Wild

does anyone have a wiring diagram for a zone nev? Having problem with turn signals.
cgseward123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:18 PM   #5
SETI
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hi Servpro, thanks for the pictures. I have a Zone that was missing the batteries when I got it and now have two wires left that I do not know where they go, everything else is connected.

One of the wires is a green wire that comes out from a three wire conduit that I think it's for the charger. Where is that green wire hooked up on your Zone? I can't tell from your pictures. The other wire is a stand-alone wire. It's white with an orange stripe and has a connector on the end of it that looks like it goes on a battery post. It has a yellow collar on the end of the wire with the number 12 on it, and the wire is encased in a heavier black sheath almost like a piece of shrink tubing.

If you could look at your cart and perhaps take additional closer pictures? Thanks in advance!
SETI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #6
stanyl
Not Yet Wild

Hey, did you ever figure out where the green wire goes? I have the same problem you do on my cart. Thanks
stanyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:11 PM   #7
Randy Armstrong
Not Yet Wild

I have two zone electric cars. The Green wire goes nowhere on both. The white wire with orange stripe in a black sleeve goes to the positive terminal of the rear middle battery to power accessories.
Randy Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:03 PM   #8
gallowayb
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Zone Electric wiring diagram

I too have the mysterious yellow wire #12 issue. The other end appears to be switched power at the dashboard for the stereo and is connected, but not working. I can't find a place to hook the other end in the battery compartment. When I did hit a battery terminal, I fried the 15A fuse in the stereo. Where does 12V power come from for the stereo if there's nowhere to connect the #12 wire in the battery compartment?
gallowayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:37 PM   #9
warbirdfan
Not Yet Wild

I'll throw out another view and observation on the subject. The attached pic is from my Zone. The bottom battery in the pic is on the passenger right side. The volt meter is to the right of the bottom battery mounted on the kick panel on the other side of the body.
My charger is hooked up as shown. The red collar is the positive on the top right battery and the black collar is the negative post on the bottom battery.

The red wire attached to the positive post is the charger wire along with the white and black wire that is attached to the negative post on the bottom battery.

Note the Green wire isn't attached to anything.

Note the heat sink to the left side of the bottom battery. That is the DC to DC converter. (48v to 12v) The harness is buried down between the bottom and top battery. I suspect that is the source (harness) for a 12v radio power supply.

Note tow switch to the left side of the converter for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0312.JPG (133.6 KB, 0 views)
warbirdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:51 PM   #10
warbirdfan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowayb View Post
I too have the mysterious yellow wire #12 issue. The other end appears to be switched power at the dashboard for the stereo and is connected, but not working. I can't find a place to hook the other end in the battery compartment. When I did hit a battery terminal, I fried the 15A fuse in the stereo. Where does 12V power come from for the stereo if there's nowhere to connect the #12 wire in the battery compartment?
Okay guys, correct me if i'm wrong, but it's not good to pull 12v from two batteries in series in the battery compartment. I'll just throw that out as a disclaimer. Get the 12v from the DC to DC converter (48v to 12v) as I mentioned in an earlier comment. (See my earlier pic of the converter.)

I'll venture a guess the battery post was 48v in series, hence the 15a fuse blew.
warbirdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay