lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
BLWN BUX
Not Yet Wild

Default NUBE here, wants to go fast

Hi all,

I am a performance nut!!

I have a supercharged corvette, a turbocharged sand rail, and one very nice looking golf cart that goes like 10 MPH.

Somthing has to change here

Please go easy on me, I am a very technical guy, do all my own work, but I don,t know much about my golf cart yet. I bought it as is about 4 months ago.

My goal: More speed and power. I don,t know if I want to go all the way to AC conversion.

My cart is:
Club Car (don,t know what year). It is lifted about 6" , has 22" tires. Has 6 X 6V batteries (3 years old). It has a V-Glide controler. Coiled Resisters.
The cart is Very nice!! Velure seats, power coated frame, carbon fiber, dimond plate, BUT its slow.

I would like to see an honest 20+MPH

36v
I see motor upgrades for 36's. some say Not for resistor cars.
(why can we build owr own resistors?) Coiled wire, larger guage, more wraps?
How big of a motor can I put on?

48V
If I change to 48, I could add 2 batteries to bag well. I have a back seat so this is un-used space. (Are my batteries going to be needing replacment soon?) 3 years old now, maybe I should just go to all new 6X 8's. It would seam to be better to go to 8 x 6's though.

We drive the cart around the neighborhood. It is all hilly paved streets. I would like to get that 20+ with power to climb.

Thanks for the read

BLWN BUX
(Chad)
BLWN BUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: NUBE here, wants to go fast

I upgraded a Yamaha G8 to a 48V cart with the help of this forum, and I was 110% happy with the results. It went from, like yours, a 10mph cart to a mid 30s with LOADS of torque cart.

If I were you, I would go ahead and replace the batteries with 6 8Vs. If you have a 36V cart, you can use the exact same setup I did; D&D ES 65 51 motor, Alltrax DCX500 controller, 4ga cables, 48V. This cart would burn the tires leaving the garage and absolutely FLY up to its 30+mph cut off.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
BLWN BUX
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a bunch,

I havn't sean the motor # U have, but I am looking at the 112 series with a 650 Amp. The sight claimes +25% TQ and 24+ MPH.

i will call them about you ES 6551 compairison as well.

I have the Mechanical V-Glide??

How do you hook up the controler? Is there a potentiometer included with a contr. purchace? I is this a seporate part common on later Mod. carts?

i would have to do some conversion I would imagin.

Just trying to get a list of what is required.

TKS

BLWN BUX
Old 09-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I had to also buy a PB6 pot box foot pedal to control the controller. This cart was a very early controller cart but it might as well have been a resistor, because I tore every last piece of Yamaha out and put all new in.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

i would recommend going ahead and ordering a 48v series with mcor club car wire harness, mcor conversion kit, 48v solenoid, then upgrading motors etc to whichever you want, my recent favorite is a 11.4hp "beast" motor from G.E., with a 700 amp alltrax.... I've made many 48v cars that do an easy 25 mph... and have enough torque to plow through hunting plots...

those recommendations aren't the cheapest scenarios, but they are the easiest and most reliable, and if your car is only 3 years old, everything will bolt in place, somewhat easily...
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #6
BLWN BUX
Not Yet Wild

I think I am catching on here,

Looks like I need the bigest controler, i am gong to make #2 cables, and a bad motor.

Guess retaining the old V-Glide and coils is OUT.

What if I wanted more ? (We allways do) If I am going to buy parts, I want to keep this in mind.

What about 72v

What about adding 2 motors??

I own a machine shop, and ANYTHING is do-able
Old 09-29-2007, 10:38 PM   #7
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

you could swap batteries, and solenoid, buy a new charger, and you'd have a faster car...

Quote:
ANYTHING is do-able
you said it, just research it.. as far as 72v I was scratching my head earlier, and debating making a stretched car, with six of the new trojan 12v
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!