lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2022, 10:44 AM   #1
Bonds25
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV w/ no power, unable to move w/ Eco Battery

Hey everyone.....last night I was driving my RXV home when all of a sudden the power started to cut in and out. I installed the Eco Battery 48V 72ah battery at the beginning of August and have had no problems to date. The Eco Battery dash display started flickering and then went blank. My cart then locked up, unable to move. I had 35% battery left. Thankfully I was close to home so I was able to get my trailer down to grab it. I also was right by the FD Department so they saw me struggling to get it in the trailer so we lifted the back end up to load it. This happened at dark so I had no time to do anything with it at home. This morning I plugged it in and the dash lit up and the Eco Battery charger started to cycle on and off. That’s all the info I have until I get home later today. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe a short somewhere is what I’m thinking but who knows??? I do know I need to get it out of my trailer and into my garage. Would it hurt anything if I left it plugged in to at least get the power somewhat back on to hopefully get it in neutral to roll it off the trailer? If I can’t get it in neutral, how can I get the wheels to unlock to be able to move it? Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Bonds25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2022, 11:14 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: RXV w/ no power, unable to move w/ Eco Battery

Sounds like the BMS shut down. Contact Eco to find out how to try to reset it. (or maybe someone here will know how to do that) I think the brake requires power to release unless you manually release it. There are threads in the EZGO section on how to release the brake.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:26 AM   #3
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Try the tow switch first, then try switching the plugs under the controller cover(the instructions are there). With no power the only other option is to remove the brake. Unplug it and remove the 3 10mm bolts.
SBIRD! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:48 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Measure your battery voltage to see if it's shut down. If it is, you can't power the brake even in TOW mode. Find out how to reset the BMS. Often, it's reset by hooking up the charger but I don't know anything specific about ECO batteries.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 12:11 PM   #5
Bonds25
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the replies. It wouldn't do anything in Tow mode when I tried last night. I'll have to try again tonight when I get home. Any shots in the dark on what would cause this to just shut down like it did?
Bonds25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:39 PM   #6
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine did this with a HSKY Big Battery not too long ago and I checked all my wiring over several times and I didnt think the battery went dead but it did because last several times riding it just hadnt been charged afterwards. It wouldnt even go into neutral to push home by switching plugs around until about the 20th time switching plugs back and to then it finally went in to neutral and i had it towed home. Hooked to charger and all is good now.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 11:09 PM   #7
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My neighbor had a similar problem but for him when he plugged the charger in the battery came back on line. Also if he disconnected the the battery then reconnected it would come bake on. His was a Gen 1 battery ECO replaced it with Gen 2 which came with a different BMS, meter and different cable from battery to meter. Still no Bluetooth.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO