lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2021, 09:13 PM   #1
Roscoe10
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha Drive 48v Issues

Guys, I am asking for some help please. I own a 2010 Yamaha Drive 48volt cart with like new batteries (6 months old). Me and the wife and kid were out riding the other day and the buggy started chattering and then shut off. I could also smell a electric burning smell. Now the solenoid is clicking but the buggy won’t go forward or reverse. The battery pack is reading 52volts with the pedal depressed and 52volts at the controller. With the rear wheels off the ground the tires still won’t spin. I am getting around 44 volts at the motor with the pedal depressed. I went ahead and swapped out the solenoid hoping for an easy fix but no luck there. The motor and controller are both stock. Also, the charger is not charging the batteries now either once this issue has begun. It will start charging and then show fully charged immediately. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Roscoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2021, 06:28 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha Drive 48v Issues

For a better response you should transfer the thread into the Yamaha subforum...

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Known issue with these models are the motor / brushes, you could try tapping with a hammer around the motor while pushing the pedal.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO