lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2020, 11:00 PM   #31
hoggin03
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ‘07 G29 won’t move

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Start with checking power across fuse, then check at key switch and make sure you 48v across both wires in on position...From there pull up your floor mat and check for 48v at the stop switch by accelerator pedal..should have voltage across both wires once pedal is pressed<---Stop Switch is a very common problem in G29 as they were manufactured by a company that was hit by a Tsunami and a lot of them got wet internally...so I have been told any way...make sure you have rear of cart lifted while doing these test in case cart decides to start moving while checking for voltage and hitting accel pedal...report findings...
Power across the fuse is good, as is both wires of key switch. As for the stop switch, how do you check those? My wires are well insulated and I can’t get contact anywhere.
hoggin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2020, 06:43 AM   #32
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

you can either unplug it and check continuity across the plug to the switch itself(should show none while pedal is not pressed...then have continuity when pedal is pressed downward...or I have small thin leads that I check while plugged in at the back of the plug back probing for voltage through it...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 06:58 AM   #33
hoggin03
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
you can either unplug it and check continuity across the plug to the switch itself(should show none while pedal is not pressed...then have continuity when pedal is pressed downward...or I have small thin leads that I check while plugged in at the back of the plug back probing for voltage through it...
50.4 on red/white, nothing on brown. If I run a jumper from one side of the stop switch harness to the other, should I get action? I have the rear jacked up, took the harness loose, verified 50.4 on the end of the jumper wire, and when I contact the other side of the harness, nothing happens.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:35 AM   #34
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

you have to do it in this exact sequence to work...put run/tow in run...turn keyswitch to on position without jumper hooked up...then hook jumper wire up(you should hear solenoid click at that time...then try and run cart..
Old 08-14-2020, 07:44 AM   #35
hoggin03
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
you have to do it in this exact sequence to work...put run/tow in run...turn keyswitch to on position without jumper hooked up...then hook jumper wire up(you should hear solenoid click at that time...then try and run cart..
Nothing.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:08 AM   #36
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok, you have to have a break somewhere in your wiring most likely if you aren't getting voltage from run/tow switch to pins 12/13 at controller like cgtech said...follow the wiring up from run/tow switch and check for splits/pinches and unplug the controller harness and push it back in harder to make sure its getting good connection...
Old 08-14-2020, 08:16 AM   #37
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Heres some good info straight from the service manual
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C00C3D5F-415B-4CF9-8007-E1C7FF63C908.jpeg (110.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg DDB45846-2AAB-481B-AC7B-A3BC6634AE1D.jpeg (110.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-14-2020, 12:13 PM   #38
hoggin03
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Ok, you have to have a break somewhere in your wiring most likely if you aren't getting voltage from run/tow switch to pins 12/13 at controller like cgtech said...follow the wiring up from run/tow switch and check for splits/pinches and unplug the controller harness and push it back in harder to make sure its getting good connection...
Ok, I’ll check this stuff out tomorrow. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-16-2020, 03:31 PM   #39
hoggin03
Not Yet Wild

I rechecked voltage on the 12 & 13 pins on the harness and I have 50.3 on them both now. (I think I wasn’t getting in far enough to make contact when I tried before.) When I start plugging the harness back in, I can hear the solenoid trying to click, and the backup alarm starts-regardless of the position of the forward/reverse switch. If I get the plug all the way in, nothing happens. If I leave it partially in while the backup alarm is sounding, I still get nothing when I push the accelerator.

Additionally, I am getting 50.3 from both sides of the stop switch harness as well (when accelerator is pressed).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha