lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2021, 04:01 PM   #41
tomheff
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Electric Moke, need more speed

My software & cables arrived so I tried to use some of the info from both bronsonj and amarko and seemed to get improved performance but also perhaps a battery issue.

Before I made any adjustments - my Moke seemed to be topping out around 28 or so. It may have reached 30 on a slight grade. The dealer that sold it to me said that he thought it had been adjusted by the previous owner to reach those speeds but when I connected the SW it looked like they were basically all the default ones that bronsonj has shared.

After making some adjustments based on the comments in the thread, 30-32 seems to be sort of what was 26-28, I can consistently get there in a reasonable time. I don't have a lot of places where I can get a long flat run and acceleration is still very slow but I did manage 35-36 on one road where I got a long run to build up speed. It is possible there is a very slight pitch to the road.

I based my changes on a combination of bronsonj's advice to keep changes simple and some of the areas that sounded more critical in what amarko did. So I just focused on changing the RPMs in Motor Max Speed, Secondary High Speed Limit, Low Consumption Speed Limit, and then I increased initial acceleration. You can see all my settings attached - I noted the ones I changed and what they used to be next to it.

Based on the speedometer, it did get a bit faster, I can't tell much on the acceleration. I kind of expected it to have a little bit more initial punch that would snap your neck back. Has anyone tried going higher with the initial acceleration setting? Does anyone understand the purpose of the secondary high speed limit or low consumption limit? I figured at least one of them might be related to a mode that it would go into if it was overheated or batteries were low so I did make them lower then the high setting.

The mysterious battery issue that I had was that on the initial drive after changing the settings I was trying to get max speeds so I was on the accelerator the whole time and also did some decent hills so after about 4-5 miles, the battery had gone from 95% to ~65-70% which wasn't that shocking based on the changes and the batteries are 2-3 years old. However, I got out of the Moke and turned it off (red handle pushed in) for about 10 minutes. Then got back in, pulled out the handle and turned it on and my battery life was now at the bottom of the yellow (almost in red) at about ~35%. Any thoughts on what caused that sudden jump? I plugged it in when I got home and after 90 minutes, it was back to 100%. That doesn't seem possible if it was truly down to 35%.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Adjusted Settings.jpg (182.6 KB, 0 views)
tomheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2022, 01:15 AM   #42
MikeLauderdale
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
I ended up buying mine from China. Just be careful, the controller isn't overly robust. I only increase max RPM now, I don't modify any other settings.
Is there any way to send my controller to you for programming?? Of Course for a fee. Let me know. Located in Florida.
MikeLauderdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:27 AM   #43
Alexmiami
Not Yet Wild

Hello Guys, i live in Miami and i dont know much about electrical stuff but i want my moke to go faster :)
Is anyone in Miami or close by is willing to do that for me ?
Of course i will pay you for that, please contact me.
Thanks
Alex
Alexmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 01:46 PM   #44
grecoroman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheff View Post
My software & cables arrived so I tried to use some of the info from both bronsonj and amarko and seemed to get improved performance but also perhaps a battery issue.

Before I made any adjustments - my Moke seemed to be topping out around 28 or so. It may have reached 30 on a slight grade. The dealer that sold it to me said that he thought it had been adjusted by the previous owner to reach those speeds but when I connected the SW it looked like they were basically all the default ones that bronsonj has shared.

After making some adjustments based on the comments in the thread, 30-32 seems to be sort of what was 26-28, I can consistently get there in a reasonable time. I don't have a lot of places where I can get a long flat run and acceleration is still very slow but I did manage 35-36 on one road where I got a long run to build up speed. It is possible there is a very slight pitch to the road.

I based my changes on a combination of bronsonj's advice to keep changes simple and some of the areas that sounded more critical in what amarko did. So I just focused on changing the RPMs in Motor Max Speed, Secondary High Speed Limit, Low Consumption Speed Limit, and then I increased initial acceleration. You can see all my settings attached - I noted the ones I changed and what they used to be next to it.

Based on the speedometer, it did get a bit faster, I can't tell much on the acceleration. I kind of expected it to have a little bit more initial punch that would snap your neck back. Has anyone tried going higher with the initial acceleration setting? Does anyone understand the purpose of the secondary high speed limit or low consumption limit? I figured at least one of them might be related to a mode that it would go into if it was overheated or batteries were low so I did make them lower then the high setting.

The mysterious battery issue that I had was that on the initial drive after changing the settings I was trying to get max speeds so I was on the accelerator the whole time and also did some decent hills so after about 4-5 miles, the battery had gone from 95% to ~65-70% which wasn't that shocking based on the changes and the batteries are 2-3 years old. However, I got out of the Moke and turned it off (red handle pushed in) for about 10 minutes. Then got back in, pulled out the handle and turned it on and my battery life was now at the bottom of the yellow (almost in red) at about ~35%. Any thoughts on what caused that sudden jump? I plugged it in when I got home and after 90 minutes, it was back to 100%. That doesn't seem possible if it was truly down to 35%.
I’m having the same battery issue. I’m going to revert to stock settings and see if that changes anything.
grecoroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 06:53 PM   #45
mhilly
Not Yet Wild

I am taking delivery of a 2022 Moke and having it shipped to Los Cabos, Mexico. I plan on increasing the RPM's to 6250 to increase the speed. I found the software and cable on Alibaba that I am about to order. Will I be able to connect the software cable to the controller without taking it out of the vehicle? I am not very technical savvy so any comments on how to access the controller and how difficult it is to use the software would be very helpful.
mhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:32 PM   #46
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Two things.

1) The cable can be connected, but the controller will have to be unbolted and shifted. Getting a right angle USB cable helps a little.

2) Someone on this forum got a 2022 Moke and it has a different controller so the software and cable may not work for 2022 models. don't know yet.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:57 PM   #47
mhilly
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Bronson J. I take delivery of my 2022 Moke on Feb 15 so I can't physically see what controller it has until then. My dealer hasn't gotten back to me yet on what controller it has but I did find on an internet search that it may have a Sevcon Gen4 speed controller. Do you have any idea if this controller can be modified to increase the speed of the Moke?
mhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:14 PM   #48
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The SEVCON G4 can be modified. I looked online and found the software. I don't know what cable would be required because I haven't had a need to search for that yet.

But since there is software for it available then there must be a cable or wireless connection option.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 06:14 PM   #49
FriendsoftheProgram
Not Yet Wild

I have ordered a 2022 Moke that arrives in a few months. I see on here that possibly the new Moke model may have a different controller. Has anyone verified that yet? I have asked around and I am hearing that its the same controller as previous models, but wanted to see if anyone on this thread has received their 2022 model and can verify what controller it has.
FriendsoftheProgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:46 AM   #50
FriendsoftheProgram
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhilly View Post
I am taking delivery of a 2022 Moke and having it shipped to Los Cabos, Mexico. I plan on increasing the RPM's to 6250 to increase the speed. I found the software and cable on Alibaba that I am about to order. Will I be able to connect the software cable to the controller without taking it out of the vehicle? I am not very technical savvy so any comments on how to access the controller and how difficult it is to use the software would be very helpful.
Were you able to reprogram your controller? I just purchased the software as well, but I honestly have no idea how to reprogram my controller so I wanted to see if you would be willing to let me know how you did it.
FriendsoftheProgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!