lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2020, 04:28 PM   #1
johnaunderwood
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 Star Diablo electrical problem

Cart running fine, stopped for a few minutes and when I turned key back on cart would not move, forward or reverse ( reverse buzzer sounds) but no movement. Flipped tow switch and pushed home. Tried several times over the next couple days and no change. The next day when I turned the key and pressed the accelerator the cart took off as usual and ran great for a few minutes then it quit and the brakes locked up and came to a complete stop. After it stopped I pushed the accelerator and it took off again. I have noticed that sometimes when I push the accelerator nothing happens and then when I push it again it works fine.
Any ideas appreciated.
johnaunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2020, 08:22 AM   #2
johnaunderwood
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2015 Star Diablo electrical problem

Solved. Charging receptacle had overheated and damaged the micro-switch that opens when the charging cord is plugged in. Replaced charging receptacle and jumpered leads from micro-switch.
johnaunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 02:44 PM   #3
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

Good find Josh.
Mbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:08 PM   #4
Buster Brown ret.
Not Yet Wild

Star

johnaunderwood,
I have a 2016 Star Diablo, if you are having front suspension problems message me. I have been there and done that.
Buster Brown ret. is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay