lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2020, 09:44 AM   #11
fulltilt06
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-GO Elite Samsung SDI Batteries

I am looking to have my controller worked on with my new 2020 Elite. Very slow compared to my older versions. I am trying to get my few posts in so I can PM usgicollector about sending the controller in.
fulltilt06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2020, 09:51 AM   #12
bhas
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltilt06 View Post
I am looking to have my controller worked on with my new 2020 Elite. Very slow compared to my older versions. I am trying to get my few posts in so I can PM usgicollector about sending the controller in.
Any luck with the 2020?
bhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:31 PM   #13
Rancher805
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
If he knew what he was doing, you would not speed up so much on downhills and would not slow down at all at that speed on uphills. It would hold at 20 MPH. Max speed on that cart is 30 - 32 MPH with 5X the torque that it has now. Too late now.
In need of your assistance with my controller. Looking for exactly what you mentioned.
Rancher805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:41 PM   #14
tyrone shoelaces
Getting Wild

I wonder what voltage I could take these Samsung SDI's down to without any damage?
At this point the warning light had been on for a good couple of miles.

Thanks for any insight.
Dave20190413_151428-2.jpg
tyrone shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:13 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrone shoelaces View Post
I wonder what voltage I could take these Samsung SDI's down to without any damage?
At this point the warning light had been on for a good couple of miles.

Thanks for any insight.
DaveAttachment 199615
Well, the BMS wont let you hurt the pack. It knows the voltage of every single cell down to the third decimal point. ( 0.000 ). And the ones I've checked out, it also keeps them exceptionally well balanced (highest to lowest only varies by about 0.005v )
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 02:07 PM   #16
tyrone shoelaces
Getting Wild

Thanks for your reply.
I guess I could simply drive up and down my street until it showed signs of slowing.
i really don't know what to expect.
Would you say below 48 volts is very low?
tyrone shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:52 PM   #17
mafialink
Getting Wild

I just picked up a 17 EZgo TXT with Samsung SDI batteries. What is everyone seeing as max distance in miles they are getting out of a full charge?
mafialink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:18 PM   #18
fteti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
If he knew what he was doing, you would not speed up so much on downhills and would not slow down at all at that speed on uphills. It would hold at 20 MPH. Max speed on that cart is 30 - 32 MPH with 5X the torque that it has now. Too late now.
Is there a trick to speeding up my new 2020 EZ-GO L6 Express Elite? It is MUCH slower than my old 2010 EZ-GO & the dealer said he couldn't make it faster (btw, the turtle/rabbit speed switch have very little effect).
Thanks
fteti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:23 PM   #19
TaraFlo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewATL View Post
I just bought the 2020 L6 Elite for Christmas. It’s great, but the advertising on EZGO’s website appears a little inaccurate- they say it’s a 300amp speed controller but my manual says 235. They say it’s a 3 battery pack- really it is the 3.0 (90 amp hour). Apparently they make a 2.0 (60 amp hour) and 4.0 (120 amp hour) pack. But the express models only come with the 3.0 configuration for battery pack.

Mine came with a turtle/rabbit switch but I can’t tell the difference. My dealer told me it’s since I asked him to deliver it with the higher speed setting that the difference will be minimal.

Finally- and this is a big one- they list the height with roof at 72 inches. I opted for the longer roof to cover the third row which makes the height 83 inches. 3 inches too high for my garage. Bummer. Gonna have to swap to the shorter (and lower) roof.

From a performance perspective I find it to be plenty peppy and have had no issues driving miles in the neighborhood. Plenty of capacity. I’d expect the 4 passenger model will be better. I do notice it slows down noticeably up steeper hills. But not to a crawl. It’s still got plenty of power to get me and my family up our steep driveway.

Hi Drew, you said yours was “delivered with the higher speed setting”. Could you please elaborate on this? Are you saying that your 2020 EZGo Elite speed was increased? If so, could you email please tell me how fast it goes now? We just bought a 2020 Ezgo L4 Shoreline Elite (it’s really an L6 Elite with a special edition color and no 3rd seat) and we are very unhappy with the current factory speed. Looking for any input on these Samsung lithium carts and their ability to increase speed. Locally I’ve heard it’s a no but have been finding a few threads online that have given me hope! We live downtown Charleston SC and very much need the speed to not hold up traffic!!!
TaraFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:28 PM   #20
TaraFlo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fteti View Post
Is there a trick to speeding up my new 2020 EZ-GO L6 Express Elite? It is MUCH slower than my old 2010 EZ-GO & the dealer said he couldn't make it faster (btw, the turtle/rabbit speed switch have very little effect).
Thanks
Yes, I am looking for this exact answer as well. We’ve owned our 2020 EZGO Shoreline L4 Elite limited edition for less than 24 hours and I already have buyers remorse over the lack of speed. I’m already missing my 2014 EZGO with acid batteries.
TaraFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO