lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default RXV (AC) vs CC Prec. (DC) - Leaf packs compared after 27 miles

So this morning we were heading out to the other side of our community so I decided to take advantage of the long run to compare the efficiency of the 2 carts. We started out with 2 completely charged (57.1v), identical 14 module Leaf packs. The modules for both packs came from the same 2015 Nissan Leaf with 29K miles.

I know that this is not an apple to apple comparison and the RXV is handicapped with larger tires.

'16 Ezgo RXV:
22" tires, 255/50-12 EXCEL Classic DOT Tires, BobBoyce tune to the factory 235 amp Curtis AC Controller. factory AC motor.

06 Club Car Precedent:
20" tires: tires20x10R-10 RHOX RoadHawk Tires, Alltrax XCT500, 500 amp Sol., 2 Ga. cables, OEM motor.

The carts were both run together the entire day. The overall run was a good mix of terrain including some small hills but was mostly flat pavement on commercial/residential streets. Speed was typically between 18 and 22 mph with lots of heavy acceleration.

Both Carts started at 57.1v and at the end of the day the DC Club Car Precedent was at 53.4v and the AC RXV with the larger tires was still at 54.1v.

Man I do like the Club Car but I love the RXV!
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2019, 09:48 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: RXV (AC) vs CC Prec. (DC) - Leaf packs compared after 27 miles

The bigger tires probably gave You an advantage with the lithium setup.

Large current demands have much more impact on a lead acid battery due to its Peukert number being so high, meaning the AH capacity is reduced by the increased load current.

Lithium batteries have a Peukert coefficient of almost 1 so the acceleration does not have as much impact and the large tires give you an advantage at cruising speed.

The AC drive system is however more efficient as well.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #3
Gainerman
Not Yet Wild

Have those 2 leaf packs been tested for measured ah capacity ? So would you say the rxv ac system nets about 25% more range and run time over the club car?
Gainerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:38 AM   #4
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainerman View Post
Have those 2 leaf packs been tested for measured ah capacity ? So would you say the rxv ac system nets about 25% more range and run time over the club car?
I did get around to testing the batteries myself just for shits and giggles and came up with right at 90AH of useable capacity with my current settings. I think the RXV is around 20-25% more efficient.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium