lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2019, 03:17 PM   #1
kofifi
Getting Wild

Default Lithium

Has anyone tried a kia Ioniq lithium battery? its 36v 85ah. I have a 36 volt ezgo txt. I purchased a alltrax SR48400 as well as a 400amp controller. Was thinking of converting to 48Volts however if I can run this and the controller and get longer running time on cart I will be content.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kia-Ioniq-3...ab82%7Ciid%3A1
kofifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2019, 10:05 PM   #2
cricketo
Getting Wild

Default Re: Lithium

36 x 85 =~ 3kW, and that's for $680. If you go to 48v configuration, you can have this :
https://www.techdirectclub.com/nissa...dule-lot-of-7/

which is 3.5kW for $560. I'm not sure how true their claim is regarding testing at 85Ah. Used Leaf modules are typically along the lines of 80% of their original capacity, so the real capacity would be more like 2.8kW, but still may fit you better.
cricketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:59 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofifi View Post
Has anyone tried a kia Ioniq lithium battery? its 36v 85ah. I have a 36 volt ezgo txt. I purchased a alltrax SR48400 as well as a 400amp controller. Was thinking of converting to 48Volts however if I can run this and the controller and get longer running time on cart I will be content.
That looks really tempting... They accept offers too, so you may get it for a crazy good price. Before you buy it, verify the chemistry of the batteries (google search) and check out Battery University for the weakness and strengths of that chemistry battery.

That pack would be good from 41.5v down to 31.5v. The SR48400 SHOULD be fine with that range.

There are so many options available now for lith conversions... You've got the right idea to look around at what's the best available today.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium