lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2019, 04:45 PM   #21
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need help with some details on this lithium conversion

I may know someone I trust. Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2019, 07:20 AM   #22
somfas
Gone Wild

I'm in North Florida
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #23
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

What parts do you have so far

cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:15 PM   #24
somfas
Gone Wild

I have the batteries (10 Leaf Modules already plated together with stock plates, angle iron, and a top aluminum plate for the Zeva parts), the Zeva EVMS and the 2 BMS modules that go along with it (they are wired up already with CAN bus cable and the individual battery wires), Zeva Monitor, Elcon Charger, your terminal protectors/cover (cmysstailights), and a steering column monitor mount. And wiring. Just need 400amp main fuse, and some version of HV and LV relays/contactors.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:40 PM   #25
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

For the high and low voltage i bought the gigavac. Couple of members use relays.

Old 11-27-2019, 07:23 AM   #26
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks. I was planning to get an MZJ as McJefe had pointed out. However, Ian indicated that it needed to be 12V at the coil. However, it seems it would need to be able to break an 82v circuit. I am unsure how they are labeled or what the exact terminology means. And I'm not clear on how to get away with only using one, instead of two contactors for HV and LV. If it trips on LV, not sure how I could then get the charger to charge it if it is connected to the same one. I have been hung up on this part for a few months. Thats why I have finally decided to try to find someone to finish the build for me; if I can.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:45 AM   #27
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well I'm not sure how the wiring would be different in your scenario of utilizing 2 BMSs, clearly something would be different.

I would recommend drawing out on paper, then the gurus will be more likely to check it out and offer any suggestions/corrections. It helped me when I did my build.

Here is a link to my build thread of a specific post, where I had drawn out how I thought the wiring should be done, and another member corrected me. Again, you will have some difference, I'm just offering this as an example. Hope this helps!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ml#post1595619
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:33 AM   #28
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by somfas View Post
Thanks. I was planning to get an MZJ as McJefe had pointed out. However, Ian indicated that it needed to be 12V at the coil. However, it seems it would need to be able to break an 82v circuit. I am unsure how they are labeled or what the exact terminology means. And I'm not clear on how to get away with only using one, instead of two contactors for HV and LV. If it trips on LV, not sure how I could then get the charger to charge it if it is connected to the same one. I have been hung up on this part for a few months. Thats why I have finally decided to try to find someone to finish the build for me; if I can.
The gigavac is high and low i believe. Ill get you part number later.

Old 11-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #29
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Gv240. Gigavac. Here is my setup.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14r9...w?usp=drivesdk
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMS16-V2 7 Module Lithium Pack - w-Gigavac.pdf (170.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-27-2019, 05:31 PM   #30
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by somfas View Post
The contactor or solenoid is basically nothing more than an electrically controlled switch or heavy duty relay. It has two sets of terminals on it. The large set of terminals is the switch part (or contacts) which has your battery connected on one side and the load on the other side. The small set of the terminals is the "coil" and is what controls the opening and closing of the contacts or switch.

In this case you need a solenoid which uses a 12v control (coil) signal from the BMS and compatible with 82v on the contacts (switch). Ian said that the MZJ-400A/12v would work and recommend using flyback diodes.

MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium