lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #1
luvnhp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Seeking help building a 30mph sleeper!!

I am a newbie to this site and have recently retired an ancient cart. I live in a very hilly community and would like to end up with a sleeper cart that can run 30mph on the largest street tires that can fit on a cart without lifting. I was thinking of purchasing a 2015 or newer cart and having Bob Boyce work some magic on it. I have a flexible budget, but don't want to waste any money either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
luvnhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2019, 04:12 PM   #2
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Seeking help building a 30mph sleeper!!

I've got a 2016 RXV, 58.4v lithium with 21" tires and a BobBoyce tune for mostly flat roads and I get 35-37 mph.

I was trying for a subtle sleeper look. For running gear it's got 12" Banshee Gunmetal wheels with 255/50-12 EXCEL Classic DOT tires and 2" wheel spacers. This gives it a low wide wheelbase that's great for zipping around but it's still possible to flip if you're not careful. The front tires can rub a bit at hard lock if going over a bump.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:30 AM   #3
luvnhp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Perfect ... perfect ... perfect. Did the cart come standard with the 58.4v set up or did you need to do additional electrical upgrades? Newbie ... just saw the info under your photos ... thank you sir
luvnhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:14 AM   #4
somfas
Gone Wild

I really like that cart MCJEFE!! How stable is the cart at that speed? I have a limo and it rides perfect at speed but I have heard of others with regular size carts that get a little wobbly.
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #5
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

No the cart is not stock, but as far as drive train goes I've only changed over batteries, increased tire size to 21-21.5" and had Bob tune the controller. Converting from lead acid batteries to Nissan Leaf lithium cells takes the cart 48v to 58v, increasing top speed, and looses almost 300 lbs.

I think that this really is a great setup for road and street use but is not suited for anything off road more serious than the local golf course. It gives almost more of a low wide go-cart stance that is more stable and handles great! The surprising thing is that I find myself cruising between 20-24 mph 90% of the time. In my opinion if kids or less responsible hold my beer kinda folks will drive the cart anything above 25 mph is already beyond the design of the stock cart steering and suspension design and could flip if turned to sharply.

That all being said its a hell of a lot of fun so I also have a radar detector installed as speeding tickets in Florida can cost over $400.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:12 PM   #6
somfas
Gone Wild

Nice! Wouldn't want to trade for a 72V Limo with all the parts to convert to Lithium would you? Lol
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

MCJEFE,

I calculate at 35mph RPM is about 9500+. 21" tires, 16.99 gear ratio ( I'm using the old math)
Still safe according to Bob. I've had mine to 36 mph and cart is still stable without spacers but you are correct, no sharp turns!!!
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:07 PM   #8
Mccshoof1975
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thats a nice Set up - you have any pics of the leaf pac conversion, be real interested in doing something similar to my rxv.
Mccshoof1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:12 PM   #9
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccshoof1975 View Post
Thats a nice Set up - you have any pics of the leaf pac conversion, be real interested in doing something similar to my rxv.
I can do you one better. I documented the build.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...7&share_type=t

Old 07-13-2019, 11:28 PM   #10
Mccshoof1975
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Nice - thanks
Mccshoof1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!