lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2019, 10:46 AM   #1
bjorn773
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 Cushman Carb

I have a 1998 Cushman Truckster with a 660cc 3 cylinder Suzuki in it. The carb is something out of this world. It has vacuum lines running everywhere and several diaphragm actuators on the side. It runs ok, but idles way too high. I have not been able to find a manual for the carburetor model of this engine, or any info on the carb. Best I can tell, the idle screw is not even touching the stop, the throttle cable is relaxed enough to not be holding it open, no vacuum leaks. I've pulled vacuum to some of the actuators, which idles it down, but appears to alter the mixture as well. I would just assume swap it with a simpler carb. I'm wondering if maybe the vegascarts carb for their 650cc cart motors would work. Anybody messed with one of these?
bjorn773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2019, 11:32 PM   #2
Dixon Walsh
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1998 Cushman Carb

I have a 1997 Truckster and on the data tag by the emergency brake it reads 3 cylinder 27 hp, so called the 327. and after researching a lot, I think it may be a Daihatsu engine. if this is true, it may help in your carb info
Dixon Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:48 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1998 Cushman Carb

I have seen carbs like these on 4 wheelers and they are nuts. I believe they have some sort of mechanism that gives it more fuel until it warms up then should idle down. I would chase the vacuum lines and look for a temperature switch of sorts. As for the vc carb I think it would be fine if you can get the linkage right.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!