lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
Captaintv
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default EXTREME LI4 lithium’s seen on FB.

Seen these advertised on Facebook. Didn’t know if y’all have seen or heard of them. No website.

I have no affiliation just seen them while browsing.
Captaintv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EXTREME LI4 lithium’s seen on FB.

Not much detail
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C4E8EF36-7DA9-47C8-BDA8-97F2603253F8.jpg (64.1 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:13 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

The 337 area code is Lafayette, LA.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:35 PM   #4
rlroberts
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Extreme Golf Carts & Accessories LLC

2872 Grand Point Highway, Breaux Bridge, Louisiana 70517, United States
(337) 667-6080

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
rlroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:15 PM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

They are using Chevy Volt cells in those packs. You can see the beige-yellow looking plastic at the bottom, those are Chevy Volt. Looks like they doubled-up the pack in parallel they are 94ah (47ah x2). I have the same thing, but I went with 14S to increase voltage as well. The Chevy Volt base configuration is 12S and 6S modules, so other cell counts require extra effort.

I see the next post indicating single pack at $1,199. That would be 47ah.
The double pack at $1,650 would be 94ah.
50.4v max at 4.2vpc and 36v at 3.0vpc.

I wonder if their BMS will let it push all the way to 4.2vpc? I like longer life so I don't go so high.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:26 PM   #6
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

I called these guys a while back. They are indeed Chevy Volts. Guaranteed to have 85% capacity or better. BMS included. Charger is not. They say I can use my DPI charger. I'm a little leery of that last statement based on what I have read here. Thoughts?
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:42 PM   #7
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the charger connects to the BMS as it should then the BMS should cut off connection to the battery pack from the charger when it hits full charge.

Not knowing what their BMS is doing would cause me concern. Is it charging to 4.12vpc where I like? 4.15vpc which is also safe or 4.2vpc which is at the limit and the battery won't live as long as the other, lower max vpc limits?

Also, a neighborhood cruiser on flat pavement will probably be fine at 47ah, but if you are an off roader or have big hills to conquer then you'll want the 94ah. Also, most guys that make these "drop in" packages do not have the BMS handle the low voltage cutoff. If you have a stock controller, they will let the V go down to 25vpc or so (if I remember correctly). But a 12S pack is safe from 36.0v up to 50.4V... If you are cruising around and it drops below 3.0vpc (36V for the pack) then you have aged your battery pack or worse, bricked a cell.

If you buy your own BMS...
You can buy the 12S 47Ah Chevy Volt pack for $400 to $500 today.
You can buy a 14S, 75ah packs from a Kia Soul for under $800.

14S is nice because it increases the V to 58.8V which an Alltrax controller can handle.

Consider this, the 12S is 50.4V max which is the same top speed as as your lead acid. You may gain a little since it weighs so much less. But the 12S lithium pack is good down to 36V where your lead acid was dead at 48V. Think how slow your cart is at 48V... Now imagine the V 25% less. If you up the cell count to 14S the max is 58.8 (I charge to 57.6V max, normally a little less) but when dead it is 42V. So my cart runs from 57V down to 45.5V where I cut off the cart and the performance is much better than lead acid.

Even if you go 14S, you will need either a new charger or a BMS that will cut off the charge. Your existing 48v lead acid charger will likely hit 60V or 61V.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:02 PM   #8
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks. I ended up buying some leafs anyway.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:17 PM   #9
Ryan thibodeaux
Not Yet Wild

I work over at extreme. It has more then your run of the mill bms on it. The box is actually to protect the electronics. It also has low voltage alarm and shuts down the cart when getting to low. We have gone to the level of redundant cut offs to help protect on both ends of the spectrum. Our current system draws 2milliamps at its highest draw.

The performance gain is more impressive then the weight loss. Lithium also holds voltage while discharging. Where you would see as much as 9 volt drops with lead acid at wot, we see more around 2-3 max with the lithium.
Ryan thibodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:40 PM   #10
Captaintv
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Cool, what are the prices for 48v system?
Captaintv is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium