lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2019, 09:39 AM   #11
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Basic Programmable BMS

Good option agpfl. Are you still using the stock lead acid charger and just controlling the cut-off voltage through the BMS?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #12
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

I am using a cheap Chinese charger set to cut off at the proper voltage. The BMS is my safety net. I sold the Lead acid charger and it almost completely offset the price of the Li-on charger.
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #13
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by agpfl View Post
Just google 14S smart bms. I used one like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/14S-...794186005.html
Hi agpfl,
I just googled that page. That looks very much like the BMS supplied by Nick at EV battery. The PC software pages shown are identical to the PC software I use with the usb-serial programming cable on one of Nick's BMS. Nick did not allow that much control of the BMS parameters by the typical user so he did not supply that cable. His WiFi app showed cell voltages, pack voltage etc., very generic. This looks to be a pretty good BMS to give a try.

What amperage rating did you choose to order from them for your pack? They show on their drawing that all pack discharge current passes thru the BMS. I would choose this one at 320A for 14 cells.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/80A-...9-bfeb6b43f417
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #14
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
What amperage rating did you choose to order from them for your pack? They show on their drawing that all pack discharge current passes thru the BMS. I would choose this one at 320A for 14 cells.
I use the 30A version, but could probably get by with 20A because my charger does not charge over 15A. I don't connect the load because I don't need/want the BMS to shut down the pack. The only connection I have to C- is the charger. Depending on the controller I use, it will either shut down or go into limp mode, so I don't need the BMS to perform that function.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:50 PM   #15
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I just have a very annoying alarm on my cart for undervoltage protection.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:18 PM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I have the same thing. I keep the charger control relay unplugged until I am ready to plug the charger in, so if the battary charger malfunctions the BMS can shut it off. After it is charged, I unplug it again, and I have the annoying beeper to alert me of low battery. So far, it has never sounded because I tend to charge it when it gets down to around 54 volts. I then turn on the reset/override switch when I drive it. If the keyswitch power is turned on without it being configured correctly, it sounds the annoying beeper. Like an alarm...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:20 PM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I just have a very annoying alarm on my cart for undervoltage protection.
I have an annoying one as well. The cart just shuts off. That's annoying!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:29 PM   #18
Riso
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the chinese bluetooth bms shown above. My charger shuts off at 50.4 volts on my Chevy Volt batteries. My Alltrax is set to 38 volts on the low side. I use my cell phone to monitor the individual cell voltages. I lost a battery earlier to over voltage. I think this was do to regenerative braking. I replaced the bad battery with a new one and turned off regenerative braking and have not had a problem since. The cell balancing is a joke. The highest drain I have seen of any bms is 1.3 amps. This would take days if not weeks to balance cells. I think you should use the bms to cut off charging on the high side or to cut off load on the low side but balancing should be ignored. My batteries are in perfect balance since turning off regenerative braking. Just my opinion
Riso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #19
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

There should minimal balancing necessary anyways if all the modules came from the same leaf battery pack. The volt cells should be similar because they are all in one block.

I think I have the balancing set to keep the cells within 0.12v. I believe I have balancing active when the cell voltage is above 3.9v, so its pretty much always active, but I never see it running.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2019, 04:48 PM   #20
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

how long does it take to get them from ali? i like the bluetooth to just be able to check on them from time to time.

looks like imma need 2 sets of leaf batteries. one for the txt and one for the rxv cart now.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO