lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2019, 10:06 AM   #11
S4TA
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Charger settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Yeah. I just re-looked at their website. No phone number.

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't get back to you if you completed their "contact" page.

I purchased my Elcon TC from a Chinese suppler and then (because I provided the information for the charger to be Can Bus controlled) they shipped it to me hardwired.

ElCon in California re-programed it for Can Bus control.
I tried again yesterday and still no response. I guess I will need to go the route you went and hope they set it up right.
S4TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2019, 11:18 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

If you buy from EV Components (like I did) they will not set up the ELcon TC for Can Bus control. That's what I did and it cost me another $80 to send the charger to California and have them change it for Can Bus.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #13
S4TA
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
If you buy from EV Components (like I did) they will not set up the ELcon TC for Can Bus control. That's what I did and it cost me another $80 to send the charger to California and have them change it for Can Bus.
I found an email address. I backwards looked up their business (Electric Conversions) and found they have another website, http://www.zivanusa.com/.

On there I found an email address, tried it out, and got a response in about 2 hours with a quote. The quote is $425, which seems steep, but at least I don't have to ship it around to get it properly configured.

Now for a topical question. They said they can program for 250kbps baud rate and standard 29bit protocol. Is this correct? He didn't mention any other setting so I am assuming that can all be taken care of by myself.
S4TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

This is from the email I received when the California guys re-programed:

We have received your charger. It will be programmed with CAN ID 1806E5F4 250Kbps baud rate. We have included a 12-pin CAN connector and 4 pins. Two pins are for CANL and CANH and the other two pins are for 12V 5A power for your BMS if needed. A 120 ohm resistor is also provided which should be installed between CANL and CANH.

The $425 price seems about right. I paid (with shipping from China) $306 and then another $106 with shipping back 'n fourth to get the California guys to properly program the charger. So, my cost totaled $412.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!