lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #11
pri_i_oh
Getting Wild
Columbia

Default Re: New top end kit question

Yea I downloaded it. I'll have to see what it looks like. Is it an electric fan?
pri_i_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2018, 08:21 AM   #12
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

No! It is attached to the crank under the fan housing!
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #13
pri_i_oh
Getting Wild
Columbia

I'll have to check it out tonight. Maybe a have one and didnt know. I'm still new at this. It's my first cart
Old 06-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #14
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Read the manuals and get to know your cart and how it works and you will be ahead of the game!
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:29 AM   #15
pri_i_oh
Getting Wild
Columbia

Right on
Old 06-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #16
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Those are good carts that pretty much had the same configurations as the earlier ones. Really, HDs and Columbias were very similar from the early 70s through the early 90s. A history is that HDs were unchanged from the 70s-1981. From '82 - '84 HD transitioned to Columbia so those years' carts were a mish-mash of HD and Columbia. From '85 - '92 (I think) things were stable as Columbia with the only difference being a change from points to electronic ignitions starting in 1986. Really, though, a lot of the basics are the same between the early HD carts and the one that you have but there are some differences so keep that manual handy.

These carts get a bad rap because not many exist anymore as no one ever wanted to put the time into the difficult tasks to make them last (crank seals, bearings, etc). That being said, when you get one dialed in they run great.

Your motor doesn't have a flywheel. Your fan will be under the mesh housing where the coil wire runs to. There will be an ignition module there as well and the oil pump drive although a lot of people disconnect those. That's all pretty easy to get at, though.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #17
pri_i_oh
Getting Wild
Columbia

Awesome. Thanks for the info. What are your thoughts on adding an electric fan to help keep it cool?
Old 06-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #18
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Personally, I think that the factory set up is tried and true. I have 1 HD and two 85 Columbias and haven't experienced any cooling issues (they all pretty much have the same fans). As long as the fans themselves are in decent shape I don't think a supplemental fan is needed.

Fans themselves become brittle over time and the fan blades can break off. They can be pricey to replace so there are some who put an electric fan on rather than replacing the original.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #19
pri_i_oh
Getting Wild
Columbia

What are guys running for a spark plug? The manual says 32301-80B but I cant find that cross to an NGK
Old 06-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #20
pri_i_oh
Getting Wild
Columbia

BP4HS? I found this on golfcarcatalog.com not sure how accurate it is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180612-155446_Chrome.jpg (39.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar