lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2018, 07:47 AM   #1
baller32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 94 par car motor swap

So after a couple months of my cart running rough I took it in and had compression checked and its around 60, not the 90 it should be. I have a buddy that has an 1989 club car with a solid motor, but his clutch is out. Can I swap out our motors and put his club car motor on my Par Car or can I take my clutch and put it in his Club Cart?
baller32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2018, 08:26 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 94 par car motor swap

No, those parts aren't interchangeable. The CC won't fit in your cart for a ton of reasons: the motor mounts are completely different, the clutches are in different places altogether, the wiring harnesses wouldn't work, etc. You'd be better far better off replacing the CC clutch and using that cart.

Compression isn't a tough fix and far easier than some of the options you are considering. Getting compression can be easy as a new piston and rings for about $50 and maybe an hour or two. I would just put a new top end on it, tough. Probably $250 and the same hour or two as the piston. It really isn't that big of a job.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:43 AM   #3
baller32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I think that is the direction I will go. Ordered a kit to replace the top end ect....now I did talk with a small engine guy and he said it sounds more like my muffler is plugged with sludge and I should remove it and get it cooked to clean it out? I guess it can't hurt to try that?? Any one else hear of this before? When a compression test is done on the engine, isn't that coming right from the top end area and the muffler shouldn't come into play on something like that should it?
Old 06-05-2018, 09:06 PM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Correct. A clogged muffler would have no impact on the top end, ie. compression. It could impact the lower end, ie. proper vacuum.

Here is a link to Yamaha G1 muffler cooking.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-hot-pics.html

It is the same for Columbias and never a bad idea even if it doesn't do much for compression.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:28 AM   #5
baller32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well I took the muffler off and drove the cart around, still struggled to get up a hill so I don't think the muffler is the issue. Going to take the cart to him and let him put new rings and piston in today and hopefully that fixes my issues.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar