lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2018, 09:29 AM   #11
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas Par car help? Unsure of year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
You know, looking at your pics, the second one down, that belt on the secondary clutch looks like it's riding kinda high to me. It's kinda popping out of the top of the clutch a bit and that doesn't seem normal. It should be 1/2 inch or so inside the clutch. It looks the belt is too wide but it's tough to tell in a pic. If that's the case it will 100% rob your speed.

Before you do anything, you may want to get a new belt from a dedicated cart supply shop to make sure you have the right one. A lot of guys will just something close from an auto parts store and slap it on a cart.
Thats what it looks like the guy did. It looks like one from napa or a farm and fleet

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
webn237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2018, 09:31 AM   #12
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Yeah, 12 mph ungoverned is too low.

That cart should have an electronic ignition on it so your timing shouldn't be much of an issue. Check your compression. It should be 90 psi or so but a bit less is doable.

I don't know your cart exactly but I believe there might be a governor plate that is sprung to hold the primary clutch (the clutch attached to the motor) from opening all the way. Take that off or at least make sure that it's not holding that clutch in.

It's probable that your carb is gummed up still or otherwise not working right OR that the secondary clutch isn't performing right and it's holding the engine back.

I would try rebuilding or replacing the carb altogether. 81-87 EZ Go carbs can be had for dirt cheap and will bolt right on there with minimal modification (flipping the choke lever on the carb and routing the choke cable from bottom pull to top pull). By cheap I mean $20 or so. Yeah, they are Chinese Mikuni knock-offs but I have had decent luck with them.

If it's not the carb then I think your secondary clutch isn't opening all the way to get your top speed and it will need replaced.
There is a plate with a spring on it pushing the primary clutch. I will take a look at it and find out if that is holding it on

webn237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #13
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by webn237 View Post
Thats what it looks like the guy did. It looks like one from napa or a farm and fleet

I bet that's your issue right there. Drive belts are very specific with regard to length and width. Even a little bit off with either one will cause issues. Yours looks like it's either too wide or too long (or both) as it's riding too high in the clutch.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar