lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
K-DAWG
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bending u Bolts on take off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Whos lift kit? that does look meager without the welding. I assume you hve nuts on the u bolts but not when you took the picture,

The nuts are there. They are hid by the stock ubolt top plate. I welded it to the top of the bigger beefier trailer ubolt top plate. That way I would have somewhere to mount my shock. I aint rich cant afford to pay someone to do this stuff for me. I gotta handle these things the best way I can. Sometimes that means I gotta think out of the box................lol The lift kit is really fine if you are gonna use it in a stock cart condidtion. I only asked this to see how everyone else is dealing with the higher torque motors in there carts. By the reaction I get in this thread I take it no one is really getting radical with there carts. I mean I see the guys racing but, what about the hunting buggy crowd? Hell I want to go to 72 volts!
K-DAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #12
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Those are beefier than usual looking U bolts. I am really surprised that you are snapping them. Traction bars would fix whats going on there, but they are going to have to be custom made. If you were close enough I can fab some up for you.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #13
K-DAWG
Gone Wild

I never snapped any of those. I was bending the stock single ubolt per side are the ones that were bending and breaking. Those are the beefier boat trailer spring ubolts and plates. i thought about traction bars but they hang to low under the cart and would get caught on roots and bottom out in ruts. I would get rid of the clearance advatage I have over gas carts.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #14
MUDFREAK
Not Yet Wild

K-DAWG did you change your throttle rate from the way Alltrax sent it to you because I have the same set up, and my cart won't lift the tires off the ground?
MUDFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
K-DAWG
Gone Wild

When they set up my controller I told them to turn the ramp up rate. Vic said the throttle would be touchy. I said will it pull the front tires? Vic said it should. From a dead stop it pulls them about a foot off the ground on take off and carries them for about 3 to 4 feet.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #16
MUDFREAK
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #17
K-DAWG
Gone Wild

For about 20 to 30 bucks you can buy a disk and a cable to hook up to your controller and you can change everything. But, keep in mine you can and will break stuff.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #18
MUDFREAK
Not Yet Wild

Can yours spin the tires on the pavement?
Old 03-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I doubt it.....think about it. If they would spin on pavement then how would he wheelie? Spin stock tires? Prolly.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #20
MUDFREAK
Not Yet Wild

Can you tune your controller with a lap top with everything connected to the cart still?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!