lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2023, 04:33 PM   #1
dchfm123
Not Yet Wild

Default Converting to Lithium

Hello and thanks for having me. I have a techincal question. I am looking to buy a 72v 4x4 buggy that comes with Trojan batteries, 6 12v to be exact. I want to immediately switch to Lithium and just recoop some money selling the trojans. Question is would a single 110 amp hour 72v battery be better than 6 12v lithiums? Reason I ask is that you can get 56 ah 12 volts for 400 a piece right now. if I got 6 of them would I really have over 300 ah of power? Seems like a better option over a single battery. Thanks in advance for your advice.
dchfm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2023, 05:03 PM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Converting to Lithium

A couple of points.

Never connect 12v lithium batteries in series as you’ll have balancing problems. Plenty of info on here in relation to this.

Second point, batteries connected in series add their voltage, not amps, so 6 x 12v 56Ah batteries connected in series will be a 72v 56Ah battery, not a 336Ah battery.

Those 56Ah batteries will not be big powerful enough to run a 4x4 buggy. They’re good for backup energy use such as solar/marine RV etc. You need a very powerful 72v battery for a 4x4 buggy. Without knowing the specific buggy it’s hard to comment further.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!