lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2017, 09:21 AM   #1
Dedic761
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990-1995 ParCar Carburetor Issues...

Ok guys need your help.
I have a 1990-1995 ParCar Gas according to the serial number I looked up.
Friend of mine was having problems with it. It was sort of surging on low throttle and overall running bad. The previous owner put a high flow air filter on it and drilled out the main jet to compensate for more air flow. I played with the carb and could not get it to run any better. Could not locate a factory main just from walbro (.039) was stamped on it. After getting frustrated I ordered a 1989 ezgo gas carb from eBay. Someone on this forum did this to replace their walbro whl-10 which is what I have. I mounted the new eBay ezgo clone carb and got all the linkage and choke working perfect. Machined a air filter adapter for the carb to the old factory air cleaner. Ran new fuel lines throughout and had everything that I could think of working good for this new carb. I also replaced the belt with a dayco 2009 belt. Cart ran but didn’t run good. Acted way too rich. So I drained the gas and put in fresh 93 octane with a soil dominator 50:1 mixture. Also a brand new ngk bp4hs plug. Still seemed too rich.

Next step was replacing the electric fuel pump with a pulse style mikuni df44 pump. That seemed to help a lot. Cart now runs great on stand a revs out good. But under load it still seems sluggish and will die out on occasion. Then will not run at all unless you keep on the throttle rolling the engine over for 30 sec of so. Fuel still in the lines. I checked the plug and since it’s new the color isn’t very good but it looks gray. Almost on the lean side. But if I pull the choke during any of this is kills the engine almost immediently.

So I’m now stuck at his point. I’ve taken out the stock main jet that is an 82 size and put in a 77.5 thinking it would help. Also the only mixture screw on The carb is currently one turn out from all the way in.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I’m currently at a loss and not sure what to do.

Thanks
Dedic761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #3
Dedic761
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1990-1995 ParCar Carburetor Issues...

Also engine compression is 105 foward and 110 reverse.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
CartPros
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

From my knowledge base, I believe your compression should be closer to 150 for a healthy engine. What's the output from your starter? You can test this by lifting the rear wheels and putting a volt meter on the battery to insure it is charging the battery. Also, how fast is it going? I've seen these Gas carts modified to go over 22 MPH and this can cause lots of issues with trying to get everything to work properly.
CartPros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:41 AM   #5
Dedic761
Not Yet Wild

From what I found online 110/115 psi is normal on these. And it maybe goes about 15 mph. It went faster on the old carb setup. I will check the starter also. I’m wondering if when running a mixed gas setup if the stock bp4hs is too hot. Usually when you convert things to mix you drop a couple heat ranges. The previous owner was running a bp4hs and 80:1 mix. Seems like too hot of a plug with that mixture to me.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:50 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Compression is right where you want to be. Anything over 90 psi is good. I have never seen one over 115 psi.

Spec on the oil mix is 85 to 1 (1.5 oz to gallon) so the previous owner had it right. I was under the impression that mix ratio was more a function of cylinder size more than anything. I could be wrong, though.

Are you sure you aren't having a clutch problem? If things are running great in the air then things might be right with the engine. On one of my 85's the secondary clutch was faulty and holding the engine back under load. I put a new clutch on it and away she went.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar