lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
Lollygagger77
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Couple Questions, Golf cart cuts out, battery replacement time, and battery meter?

Sooo, here are my 3 issues I am having:

1) big one first, so it seems as I am driving full speed the golf cart will cut out or when I take my foot off the gas it will go into the slow you down/buzzer phase instead of coasting. I read some sticky's and will test the speed sensor thing, but guessing since it goes into that mode that that is fine???

2) batteries are from 2011, is it time to just replace them, or should i have them tested. Could they be causing my problem in issue 1? I feel I have taken great care of them and kept them fully charged and charged all winter (charge them every other week) 2 years ago they did not need hardly any topping off with distilled water, but last year seemed they needed a lot. But over the winter they have remained full.

3) I am installing the LED battery meter with 3 connections on it, can I just use the existing wires for the low battery light and just split the positive to go on the C and the + of the meter as there seems to be lots of extra wires behind the key? Or should I ware new wires straight to batteries and figure out an accessory wire?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Lollygagger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #2
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Couple Questions, Golf cart cuts out, battery replacement time, and battery meter

Cart ID ? Helps the gurus here know your factory wiring etc....
Mine's a A9927, 1999 week 27

Buzzer shouldn't buzz when you let off the go pedal
You may need a hand held programmer to remove the "Regen" (slows you when let off the go pedal) Club Car Cart
shop or find someone with a hand held.
Most/many carts owners have it shut off.

2011 batts are definitely due, 5 year or more is great service. You took good care of them

The factory "low batt light" is a good thing to keep, gives you info from the OBC
Most older carts
Best to bring in 2 new wires for the SOC (State of charge ) meter.
jumper "+" & "c" it will be on all the time, connect c from key sw will turn it on when key is on
Some newer ones might have it in the wiring harness
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg SOC mtr.jpeg (100.9 KB, 0 views)
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:46 AM   #3
Lollygagger77
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Couple Questions, Golf cart cuts out, battery replacement time, and battery meter

Ok, I had been looking for my own post and never saw it until today, LOL. I did wire up the battery meter straight from the battery and got that installed in the dash, Just got to rewire the "C" so its from the accessory off the key as the wire I chose has constant power. That was a pain to run the wires from the dash to the battery area, but I learned a bunch about my cart (I will get the model # for the Guru's) The nice thing is my batteries still show full after it sat for 2 weeks, so maybe I can get one more summer out of them????

As for the Regen thing, it also cuts out (like it loses power) So I may just bite the bullet and take it to a shop and see if they can figure something out. Place I bought it from said they can most likely figure it out and fix it in an hour ($80 hourly rate)

Now the next thing I REALLY want to do is the 6" lift with big tires, but the wife put the clamps on the checkbook, HAHAHA.... Mainly because I am adding accessories to my ATV and UTV, hehehe..
Old 04-12-2017, 12:33 PM   #4
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'd milk the batts for all you can get if they
perform ok for your use

Yea
go shopping for a new couch,
then work on the lift upgrade
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:37 AM   #5
Lollygagger77
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, so I have had the meter in for a while and it read 90% and I wanted to take it for a drive to see if I could replicate the issues I had last year, so I drove around my neighborhood with the kids, and we went quite a ways and the meter dropped to 80%, then when I got close to home I decided one little extra block, so as I got half way around the last block and it dropped to 10% and was flashing low at me. My question, is this a good indicator that the batteries need replacing? for it to drop from 80 to 10. I am guessing maybe one battery is bad, but why even waste time figuring it out, I should just replace them all correct?

(note: it never cut out so I am guessing the batteries just got low last year causing my issues and I just didn't know it without the meter)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car