lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
GDW
Not Yet Wild

Default How many different models of EZGO electric carts were made in 88/89?

I purchased a 88 or 89 EZGO cart in June. It's broke, now I'm trying to figure out if there was more than one model made in that year. Can anyone help me out with that info? If there is more than one model, where do I look for more info?
Thanks.
GDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
GDW
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How many different models of EZGO electric carts were made in 88/89?

Thanks. I appreciate the quick response.
GDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:23 PM   #3
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How many different models of EZGO electric carts were made in 88/89?

I have the same problem. My cart was manufactured Aug. 7th 1988. I bought the model year 1988 manual no. 23522-g1 issued 9/01/87. Thinking I had a 1988 cart. Turns out this manual is for a resistor cart, I have a Curtis controller model 1204-027 in my cart. But to make matters more confusing I have a motor and axle that e-z-go only used in model years 1986 1/2 through 1987. To get even more bizzare my brakes and drums are manual adjust not self adjusting. I think pre 1985. but also listed as used trough 1986 1/2. Newer brakes are j-17 shoes the manual adj use j-10. I see all kinds of various posts listing all kinds of information including resistor carts made after 1990. I think things can get swapped around on these old carts over the years. I am waiting for my 1989 manuals to arrive maybe it will clear some of the confusion. I will post more info when I get those manuals. My advice to you is to do a little audit of what you have on your cart... is yours a resistor or controller cart, what motor do you have? oh, and wait till you have to order brake cables for it...those also changed that year. Hang in there maybe we can get the history of this model year figured out. post some more info as you dig deeper and I will do the same.
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:33 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
I have the same problem. My cart was manufactured Aug. 7th 1988. I bought the model year 1988 manual no. 23522-g1 issued 9/01/87. Thinking I had a 1988 cart. Turns out this manual is for a resistor cart, I have a Curtis controller model 1204-027 in my cart. But to make matters more confusing I have a motor and axle that e-z-go only used in model years 1986 1/2 through 1987. To get even more bizzare my brakes and drums are manual adjust not self adjusting. I think pre 1985. but also listed as used trough 1986 1/2. Newer brakes are j-17 shoes the manual adj use j-10. I see all kinds of various posts listing all kinds of information including resistor carts made after 1990. I think things can get swapped around on these old carts over the years. I am waiting for my 1989 manuals to arrive maybe it will clear some of the confusion. I will post more info when I get those manuals. My advice to you is to do a little audit of what you have on your cart... is yours a resistor or controller cart, what motor do you have? oh, and wait till you have to order brake cables for it...those also changed that year. Hang in there maybe we can get the history of this model year figured out. post some more info as you dig deeper and I will do the same.
There are 2 different brake assemblies. One is discontinued and the other I believe is the bendix type used as a replacement for the older units and it has self adjusters. If you order a brake assembly you will get the later bendix type unit no matter what and it bolts right on without mods.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:02 AM   #5
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks roady89. I have already looked into changing to the self adjusters. around $90 each with pads. 4 bolts and done. I still have a lot of frame cleaning and body work to do so I am in no hurry for the brakes yet. I haven't made a decision on whether to switch or not. The adjustment screw on the manual system is easier to access then the star wheel in a self adjuster if you are on the golf course.
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO