lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
DBRZ34
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G22 with new GE fx503 controller and upgraded solenoid question

I had a little trouble with my stock moric controller for my 06 G22 recently and the a Scotty B. over at Cartsunlimited.net hooked me up with a new GE 500 amp controller (FX503) and upgraded 200A solenoid. I have installed them, moved the 11 pin into the 17 pin slot per the instructions and it wouldn't move. No solenoid click nothing. I tried several things with my volt meter tracing back through everything I could find to trace. Still no luck. I removed the diode that came with the solenoid and still no click----BUT, my cart runs perfectly now. Just like new with the exception of a little extra bottom end, or it seems that way. My question is, is there a problem since I can't hear or even feel a click in the solenoid? Is it stuck open all the time? Is this bad if it is? Everything seems fine but that. I don't want to burn up or mess up the new controller, it is not something (cost wise) I'd like to purchase or have to replace again.

Last edited by DBRZ34; 03-25-2015 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: Content
DBRZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
controller, fsip, g22, ge fx503, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha