lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2022, 01:45 PM   #11
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Electric Moke, need more speed

The software won't work unless you have the specialized cables too. Then you also need their tech support to help with the settings because you can really mess things up in that controller.

The $18 shown is obviously not the whole kit. I spent $180 or so IIRC. It's been a while. Then I also needed right angle USB dongles to get it connected while mounted in the Moke. I was able to get their software to work as well as the cables. It is not terribly difficult but it certainly takes more effort than any US made software. The interface is really not for the end consumer, it's more of a tech interface. So it did work for me after I spent $180 on the kit (that included the cables and software) and had several emails back/forth with Will to see why my initial results weren't good. But after those emails and several trips to Orlando to work on the Moke I got it where it should have been from the factory.

I did look for a US supplier. The last thing I wanted to do was install some random executable from some guy in China on my laptop... But there wasn't an American option. But even worse there wasn't even another Chinese option! It was this guy or nobody. Now that may have changed since I bought the software and cables but last I looked they were still the only game in town.

If you do get the software and cables, please make sure you take pictures of your settings before you start and also don't change a lot at the same time. You can fry these controllers pretty easily. They are not the Iron Man of controllers, more like the dainty flower of controllers... So tread lightly!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!