lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2022, 03:53 PM   #1
thomasx
Not Yet Wild

Question How will the ClubCar motor handle Lithium power?

Hello everyone!

My father recently bought a ClubCar Precedent 2009.

Since I am well acquainted with both lead-acid batteries and lithium batteries, LiFePo (LFP) and have done several conversions on boats, I got interested in converting my fathers ClubCar to LFP's.

I know what batteries to use, charging, power consumption, and all that stuff related to lithium batteries in general.

What I am a interested in, is to understand how the ClubCar electrical motor and other electrical stuff in the vehicle will work with a lithium setup. My main concern is regarding the LFP's ability to deliver power, current, even at high loads, maintaining the voltage level.

Will the motor, and electrics, handle this, or is there a risk of overheating/burning the motor. And if so, how is this handled in the best way?

Thanks!
thomasx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium